• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Postal Annex in La Verne Ca. Friday November 14th in the morning

OakleyFrankFMJ

The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The Castle
I was at this location today shipping a few boxes of stuff back to the East Coast with the GF. A guy walks in and for a few minutes he is staring at me and finally mentions to me that I'm pretty damn brave to be wearing the sunglasses I'm wearing out in public. Those were his exact words. He then says that normally nobody would know what they are and they are just another pair of sunglasses but he knows exactly what they are. I say to him these are my daily wear pairs and he was pretty shocked. After talking for a few minutes realizing he knows his Oakleys I pull up my shirt sleeve and showed him the watch I was wearing and he was kind of blown away.

We talk about Oakleys for a few minutes and he mentions the Oakley Forum and that he is a member here and asked if I've heard of it. I said I'm actually a member hear at the forum and said I'm kinda quiet lately but left it at that. He also mentioned that he doesn't make so many comments here on the forum but I didn't really ask why. We talked for a little bit more but the GF reminded me that we had to split pretty quick so I said it was nice to meet him and we took off.

In the car the GF asks me if I told him exactly who I was and I said no. She asks me "why?" I said that I wasn't anything special and I was just a guy in a store talking to another talking to another guy about Oakleys and it was nice to just have it at that. She sort of understood what I meant but let it go anyway cause we had a busy day ahead of us and had to move. ;)

Anyway. If you (who I met today) manage to read this I just want you to know it was nice meeting you and getting to see someone who actuallly recognizes what I was wearing for once which pretty much never happens. Thanks for being pretty cool for those 5-10 minutes while we chatted in the store.

I NEVER type this long of a post but just felt that I wanted to tell what happened really quick and also to say hi to the guy I met today. Cool dude.

Thank you.

You stay classy Oakley Forum. :D

Last edited:
I was at this location today shipping a few boxes of stuff back to the East Coast with the GF. A guy walks in and for a few minutes he is staring at me and finally mentions to me that I'm pretty damn brave to be wearing the sunglasses I'm wearing out in public. Those were his exact words. He then says that normally nobody would know what they are and they are just another pair of sunglasses but he knows exactly what they are. I say to him these are my daily wear pairs and he was pretty shocked. After talking for a few minutes realizing he knows his Oakleys I pull up my shirt sleeve and showed him the watch I was wearing and he was kind of blown away.

We talk about Oakleys for a few minutes and he mentions the Oakley Forum and that he is a member here and asked if I've heard of it. I said I'm actually a member hear at the forum and said I'm kinda quiet lately but left it at that. He also mentioned that he doesn't make so many comments here on the forum but I didn't really ask why. We talked for a little bit more but the GF reminded me that we had to split pretty quick so I said it was nice to meet him and we took off.

In the car the GF asks me if I told him exactly who I was and I said no. She asks me "why?" I said that I wasn't anything special and I was just a guy in a store talking to another talking to another guy about Oakleys and it was nice to just have it at that. She sort of understood what I meant but let it go anyway cause we had a busy day ahead of us and had to move. ;)

Anyway. If you (who I met today) manage to read this I just want you to know it was nice meeting you and getting to see someone who actuallly recognizes what I was wearing for once which pretty much never happens. Thanks for being pretty cool for those 5-10 minutes while we chatted in the store.

I NEVER type this long of a post but just felt that I wanted to tell what happened really quick and also to say hi to the guy I met today. Cool dude.

Thank you.

You stay classy Oakley Forum. :D
Another C6 day? And Minute Machine in guessing.

That's pretty awesome someone actually noticed those elite beauties and chatted with you for a few, especially since those are your daily wear pieces. Most people see the C-Six Carbon as just a normal pair of sunglasses, and the FMJ as just a normal watch. Well, the FMJ doesn't look normal, but it doesn't seem like an $8k watch at first glance. It's good to see a fellow Oakley enthusiast for sure.

That's pretty awesome someone actually noticed those elite beauties and chatted with you for a few, especially since those are your daily wear pieces. Most people see the C-Six Carbon as just a normal pair of sunglasses, and the FMJ as just a normal watch. Well, the FMJ doesn't look normal, but it doesn't seem like an $8k watch at first glance. It's good to see a fellow Oakley enthusiast for sure.
Yup. He did mention he was a member here also. To the "untrained" eye they are nothing but sunglasses and a watch. He is only one of less than a handful of non Oakley employees who have noticed. I'd say no more than 3 in the years I have been wearing this.

Really, if I ran into anybody sporting carbon C-6 and FMJ, they'd have a hard time convincing me they weren't you, forum member or not...:D

Back