1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

I'm looking at the O-Review on the chronology of the X-Metals and wondering how many years it takes for them to put out something new in hopes to find out how long the wait will be until we see a new X-Metal.

Romeo 1: 1997-2004
    Mars: 1998-2002
    Juliet: 1999 - Present
    XX: 1999 - 2006
    Penny: 2001 - 2004
    Romeo 2: 2004 - 2011
    Half X: 2008 - Present
    X-Squared: 2009 - Present

So going by those years, hopefully we'll be seeing something new soon.

Anyone know if the Romeo 2 and Half X are still being produced? I want to say that my recent trips to the O Store and the Vault I didn't see a single Half X or Romeo 2.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

You can only get the Juliet, X-Squared, and Half-X at the moment on Oakley.com.

I'm guessing the Half-X is going to go next. I think Oakley's current cash cows on the X Metals is the Juliet and possibly the X-Squared. They both seem to sell really well. If i was going to guess what's coming next and going off of current model trends, maybe a Juliet 2.0 is in the works?

3. Razerwire

No no no no no no! I demand new and never before seen! LOL

I'd like to think that the X-Metal line is the final bastion of the Oakley of old and to settle into simply revamping old models may cause me to just get the vintage stuff and call it a day. At least the Romeo 2 was a complete redesign of the 1 but it still puzzles me as to why they even called it a Romeo at all.

So the Romeo 2 is retired right?

4. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

5. Razerwire

6. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

I miss those X-metal's of old. I'm not fighting over a x-squared. I want a new x-metal. Stop all this re-hashing....I guess the oakley x-metal designers' just stopped trying..
    good lord...1,000 time. Time for a camera and to take a picture for this special moment where i show off how i have no life! *dance*

7. Razerwire

Makes me think where all the designers went. I mean, clearly they're not at Oakley anymore right? LOL

8. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

I personally believe we will not see another X Metal. I don't think it figures into the future plans of a Lux owned Oakley. I still assert the only reason we saw the Pit Boss and X Squared was because they were in development before Jim sold. And had hard as this might be to believe...I don't think any X Metals will be in production in 10 years

9. yoshi1984

I see that being why. :( what's happened to this company.

10. yoshi1984

As Mr. H would say, they jumped over to the women's side of things lol.