1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Okay, I've seen this thread in general when it pertains to Oakley, but how about in the X Metal alone-from the Romeo 1 up through the X Squared, what of the rarest releases of this line? What are the rarest from each generation of each model? Also, what might be the most sought after or desired (rarity aside) pieces in the line today.

And I can contribute nothing to this myself---hence asking all the experts

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

romeo 1 still the most popular of the 'Rares".. then you have Leather mars, Copper penny, Xmetal penny (this was the Xmen edition with ruby lens), the TiO2 juliet and XX, 24K XX.. And the 24K Juliet and XSq. thats it colorway wise.

then you have the ichiro edition juliets, and Jordan edition Romeo1.. gary S Romeo2.. thats about it, really haha.

3. ucdavis4PT0gpa

Now...the Jordan Romeo's were only distinguished by the red rubber correct? and the serials of course, but visually you could put red rubber on an X Metal/Black and have it LOOK like a Jordan yes?

And how many of the Gary S. Romeo II's were made? I've read things that claim 500 but other sources say it wasn't limited to a specific number.

4. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

The Jordan edition came also with the Berett and the Jordan poster... but yes, with any Xmetal frame and red rubbers you'll have your JE

5. ucdavis4PT0gpa

Which is what I'll be doing (with Ruby or Black custom cuts depending on my mood)...not my intent specifically, I just like that look.

My wife would divorce me if I started wearing that hat......

6. TOWSNBN

TOWSNBN Oakley Beginner

the jordan romeo were the ones with the first 5000 serial numbers and red ear socks. oakley put out red earsocks on serial numbers 5000-10000 as well but the mj edition is really the first 5000.

the mj romeo did not come with the beret. the beret was released way after the romeo was introduced.

7. subysti2007

subysti2007 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

my jordan romeo has a serial # of 4666.

8. Rubyskull

Rubyskull Ichiro addict

mine is 2795 but to box
    shi...

9. X-metal

X-metal Oakley Enthusiast

Jordan comes with a four-digit serial number. Not six.

10. v2kjokerz

v2kjokerz Oakley Enthusiast

I don't think anyone said that MJ's came with 6 digit serials