• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Rarest X METALS............

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Okay, I've seen this thread in general when it pertains to Oakley, but how about in the X Metal alone-from the Romeo 1 up through the X Squared, what of the rarest releases of this line? What are the rarest from each generation of each model? Also, what might be the most sought after or desired (rarity aside) pieces in the line today.

And I can contribute nothing to this myself---hence asking all the experts

romeo 1 still the most popular of the 'Rares".. then you have Leather mars, Copper penny, Xmetal penny (this was the Xmen edition with ruby lens), the TiO2 juliet and XX, 24K XX.. And the 24K Juliet and XSq. thats it colorway wise.

then you have the ichiro edition juliets, and Jordan edition Romeo1.. gary S Romeo2.. thats about it, really haha.

Now...the Jordan Romeo's were only distinguished by the red rubber correct? and the serials of course, but visually you could put red rubber on an X Metal/Black and have it LOOK like a Jordan yes?

And how many of the Gary S. Romeo II's were made? I've read things that claim 500 but other sources say it wasn't limited to a specific number.

The Jordan edition came also with the Berett and the Jordan poster... but yes, with any Xmetal frame and red rubbers you'll have your JE

The Jordan edition came also with the Berett and the Jordan poster... but yes, with any Xmetal frame and red rubbers you'll have your JE

Which is what I'll be doing (with Ruby or Black custom cuts depending on my mood)...not my intent specifically, I just like that look.

My wife would divorce me if I started wearing that hat......

the jordan romeo were the ones with the first 5000 serial numbers and red ear socks. oakley put out red earsocks on serial numbers 5000-10000 as well but the mj edition is really the first 5000.

the mj romeo did not come with the beret. the beret was released way after the romeo was introduced.

Back