• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Romeo Gamble

What will I receive????

• Fake Romeos????

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Nothing.... too good to be true

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • The real deal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • STFU I HATE YOU AND YOUR MOM FOR FINDING ROMEO 1's for $250.00

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry.1982

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
So i was trolling the inter web and decided to try a search for "ebay alternative"

Came up with a site called "www.Bonanza.com" So my curious self decided to have a look on this bonanza.com...... and guess what happens to show up?????

securedownload-4.jpg

There were many other pictures including one of the SN as well.

JACKPOT!!!!!! The above pair were listed for just 250 or best offer! So, knowing that if this actually pans out I will have the EXACT pair of Romeo's I've been searching for at an incredible price, I said F*CK YES and sent that paypal payment in record time....

Now the question is..... What are the bets on me actually receiving them? I did use pay pal, and a credit card so i can dispute the charges if they don't show up.

also in2x-metals.... I see your torched Juliet's and raise you a set of torched Romeo 1's....

You inspired me....

Go ahead and flame on!!!!!!!
Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 10.43.40 PM.png

To be honest in situations like this i tend to not get my hopes up... Pay pal, and the merchant website have refund policies... not to worried about the cash...

this was item description "Romeo sunglasses, they were a gift, they have a hard case, microfiber bag, and cloth."

Apparently also a paypal verified account....... we shall see...

I'm going to ride it out... it will be interesting to see what comes to fruition, but thanks for the advise. I knew immediately it would be a gamble at best.... sort of why i posted up on here.

I'm going to ride it out... it will be interesting to see what comes to fruition, but thanks for the advise. I knew immediately it would be a gamble at best.... sort of why i posted up on here.

Ride it out if you want but it's not advice, it's a fact - these are fakes. $250 would be a great price for real R1s but for fakes it's a waste of $245... You're riding a "score!" high but that, too, is fake...

So here's some real advice - if/when you buy a real pair of R1s, you'll most likely spend at least $500. But buying a pair of fakes first means those real R1s will cost you at least $750... Sure, you have all that buyer protection, FWIW, but why deal with the extra hassle? They're fake; you weren't trying to buy fakes; is it worth risking $250 for the chance to hold a pair of fakes for a few days? It'll cost you more than what they're worth just to ship them back...

There are times where it's better to learn through 1st-hand experience and times when it's better to learn through the experience of others. Which one is this?

Whatever you decide to do, hope it works out for you...

look at my avatar, those are all mine and all real. I've been messing with x-metals for a while. I am aware of what is real v/s fake, and what to look for. These were serialized, had the correct nose bombs, had the correct casting marks, and other pictures showed other marks that led me to believe there might be a chance. I know there is not any romeo, polished from the factory. Could be 50/50 on why he is selling them... I also googled his name, city and email. seems he is predominately in the knife industry... possibly he took them for trade... who the heck knows. I will say that you are correct... and that is the point of this forum. $250.00 is a sum of money, for some people it is hard to separate from, for others it isn't. for me if there is a chance i get theses, and they are truly a polished set of Romeo 1's then I got what i intended to get... if they are fake, ohh well live and learn.... I have no idea until i receive them and give them a thorough audit... if its a scam, then so be it. I'll ship them back, call it a day and move on. If they turn out to be real, then I'm buying a torch and burning the heck out of them bc that finish is damn sexy!.

You're input is well received, and appreciated. People looking out for people on forums is what communities like these are all about. I never even considered an Oakley forum until i was bored sitting here in freaking seattle watching grass grow for 28 days. I have been exposed to a lot of great people, and great advise already.. and also picked up some cool stuff from members.

thanks again!

Hey man, I'm not trying to get into an argument here. Yes, I saw your avatar. And perhaps those other pics you didn't post show things that look good. But if you really knew what is real vs. fake as you claim, then you'd know that those flared earstems are the most common and most identifiable indicator of fakes. Your hopes that they might turn out to be real are false. I wish they weren't, but they are. You may be prepared to deal with them being fakes, but you still are entertaining the possibility that they are not. Which is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I appreciate your thanks and I totally respect your freedom to do what you choose; my plain-speaking is "tough love" if nothing else. You've been shown the water; whether or not you choose to drink is no concern of mine. Please let us know how it goes. Good luck and have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back