• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Walking Dead

I agree, I can't wait for the second (of 3) novel "The Walking Dead : The Road to Woodbury". The first one really set things up, so this one should be great. Oct. 16 can't get here quick enough. There have been a few uncorrected bound proofs on eBay that I have watched, but talked myself out of buying. Just a little too much.

And I don't know if Kirkman is trying to do too much right now, but the comic does seem extra slow. There has always been down points, but this one seems extra long. I was even let down about issue 100. It just felt forced to make something happen.

I agree, I can't wait for the second (of 3) novel "The Walking Dead : The Road to Woodbury". The first one really set things up, so this one should be great. Oct. 16 can't get here quick enough. There have been a few uncorrected bound proofs on eBay that I have watched, but talked myself out of buying. Just a little too much.

And I don't know if Kirkman is trying to do too much right now, but the comic does seem extra slow. There has always been down points, but this one seems extra long. I was even let down about issue 100. It just felt forced to make something happen.
I enjoyed the first novel but I do hope that Kirkman has refined his novel writing skills this second time around. It was a little rough in Rise of the Governor but seemed to improve towards the end of it.

I think Kirkman is being stretched thin with the multiple titles he has going for the comics, writing the novels and taking part in the shows. The comic definitely suffered a bit with the show going on. It feels like he has trouble keeping the comic and the show separate from each other. The comics were supposed to be a template for the show but those who read the comics can clearly see that the show is becoming very different.

This episode was crazy. I was personally thinking the baby was going to be a zombie but of course that's what most people were probably expecting.

RIP to T-Dogg. And crazy that the inmate chose to save Rick's life over another inmate, he might play crucial into the story later on.

What's the deal with the governor? And it seems dumb that you'd kill yourself for a baby with the current situation. Like they really need an infant right now

Yea I couldn't believe that 2 main characters are gone (I've never read the comics so I don't know what is coming next). I'm guessing those 2 will be replaced by the 2 prisoners.

At first I was a little disappointed that they took the easy way out with Lori's death...the comic version is MUCH more hardcore.

However it was redeemed a bit by having Carl snuff his mother...that was pretty intense.

I have to re-watch the last five minutes though because my wife was bawling like a baby when Rick had his little breakdown at the end. Note to self: If the zombie apocalypse actually happens, my wife is going to have to go....far too emotional.

What's the deal with the governor? And it seems dumb that you'd kill yourself for a baby with the current situation. Like they really need an infant right now

Lori felt like it was necessary to redeem herself after all she put Carl and Rick through. Plus the baby could be the key to the future.

I am just going to leave this here:

14-Lori.jpg

The most intense episode thus far! I like that her death was a departure from the novel, but I get this feeling that Carl didn't off Lori and instead only made it seem as such.

Where's Carol?

Back