• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The WORST Ebay Experience I Have Had to Date

Mdgustaf

I should Work at Oakley
Lebanon, CT USA
Have to share this ongoing experience with the Ebay Seller macrigroup0. I think I posted elsewhere about this bozo who I bought a R1 from recently. Cliff notes are he sent it in an undersized box (corners of the box were actually bowing out from the sunglasses kitty-cornered in without barely any protection on either side) resulting in stress crack to the lenses, and cracking to the Ti frame. I assume it was caused during shipping as he was adamant this is not how he sent it. Well needless to say I filed an ebay claim because he would not accept a return/refund. Of course ebay sided with me, the buyer (surprise surprise haha). So I returned it to him (in a new box so as to adequately protect it during the return shipment), and ebay forces the full refund. Now this is where it gets interesting folks.

So I am eating dinner tonight when all of a sudden a state trooper shows up at my door. The very friendly officer quickly dispels any concerns I had about this being a serious visit, but tells me macrigroup0 (I will continue to keep his actual name private) tried to file a criminal charge against me for fraud/stealing or whatever. I explain my side of things, and tell him I have photo/video documentation of the process plus my gf as a material witness of me opening the package and the entire ordeal. Needless to say, the officer quickly dismissed it as a criminal offense and is now contacting macrigroup0 to tell him he has no criminal case. I have no idea if this asshat of an ebay seller will try to file a civil suit, but I almost welcome it at this point. My understanding of legal precedent is that he has no recourse at this point to file a suit in small claims court, and I hope this is the end of it. So I issue this thread as both a warning of this seller, but also to pose a question to the forum as you just never know. So my question would be if anyone has experienced anything like this, and if their is truly any way for this guy to waste any more of my time with a civil suit?

P.S. Thank you all for making the exchanges here nothing like the horror show that is ebay!!!

Holy ****.

THATS SO MESSED UP.

Not for nothing. But any assclown can waste your time with civil suits and troopers showing up at your door I believe.

When it comes to a civil suit. I think he can try to file a civil suit but it would just be a time wasting procedure for you.

Don't we have any lawyers here on the forum to help consult? ;)

That is crazy, the worst part is that jerk off knows more of your information than I would want a nut job to have... I've dealt with some bad sellers, but this would make me a little paranoid...:behindsofa: I hope that is the last of it!

Thank you guys! You just can't make this kind of stuff up. I do have to say, the state trooper I dealt with was one of the most pleasant people I have ever dealt with before.

Holy ****.

THATS SO MESSED UP.

Not for nothing. But any assclown can waste your time with civil suits and troopers showing up at your door I believe.

When it comes to a civil suit. I think he can try to file a civil suit but it would just be a time wasting procedure for you.

Don't we have any lawyers here on the forum to help consult? ;)

Yeah, anyone looking to fill their pro bono quota for the month? haha

My research has shown that due to 'personal jurisdiction', because we live in different states any civil claim would likely just get thrown out (not to mention I have a mountain of evidence supporting me if it somehow ever came to that). He could still try and waste my time more than he already has, but I would almost welcome him wasting more of his own time and money on this fruitless endeavor. Best/worst part is, I was recently potentially diagnosed with GAD (general anxiety disorder) and this has caused some serious stress for me. Good test to try out a lot of my new coping mechanisms though haha! If something did happen in civil court and I won, I could have cause to file a counter suite for pain and suffering I suppose! I would be going to mediation with some serious ground to stand on (all hypothetically of course)!!!

Thank you guys! You just can't make this kind of stuff up. I do have to say, the state trooper I dealt with was one of the most pleasant people I have ever dealt with before.

Yeah, anyone looking to fill their pro bono quota for the month? haha

My research has shown that due to 'personal jurisdiction', because we live in different states any civil claim would likely just get thrown out (not to mention I have a mountain of evidence supporting me if it somehow ever came to that). He could still try and waste my time more than he already has, but I would almost welcome him wasting more of his own time and money on this fruitless endeavor. Best/worst part is, I was recently potentially diagnosed with GAD (general anxiety disorder) and this has caused some serious stress for me. Good test to try out a lot of my new coping mechanisms though haha! If something did happen in civil court and I won, I could have cause to file a counter suite for pain and suffering I suppose! I would be going to mediation with some serious ground to stand on (all hypothetically of course)!!!
Just give us his info so we can fit him with a special pair of cement shoes. ;)

Back