1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Joshua yates

Joshua yates Oakley Beginner

Hello guys. Was just wondering if anyone has dealt with the x-man from the UK? I.e what was postage like and was you stung with any unexpected charges? I need to find the answers out so I know how beaten up a pair of Romeos I look for, lol cheers for any help. Sorry if this has been answered but could find after searching.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Do you mean unexpected charges from shipping / customs or unexpected charges from the x-man?

If the latter, no - he won't charge you for anything you didn't authorize. On the contrary, he'll bend over backwards to make sure his customers are satisfied.

3. Joshua yates

Thanks kronin, I can believe that, I been looking at his work on the customs page. But yes I would like to know if anyone has been stung with shipping or customs. Also how much it was to post in the first place. See I'm trying to weigh up, do I look for a cheaper more beaten up pair of romeo's to send to the x-man, or if that's not viable look for a better pair for extra money. Cheers for response.

4. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

you could ask @marc2040 .. although he's in germany i know he have done deals with xman and may have experience about the shipping/customs charges... also @TexxxZ is from the UK and may have deals with doc chop... he may have the experience to share as well...

kronin323 likes this.
  5. Joshua yates

Ok thank washi, is doc chop someone who works on x-metals too?

6. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

7. Joshua yates

Is he UK based? I assuming not

8. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

US bro!

9. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

There's always a random element to customs charges, unless you're using a shipping service that has them built in. The polished/OO red Juliets I got from Doc Chop avoided them, but I get the feeling I'm a bit overdue.

If you ship them as "Sunglasses for repair" and get them back as "Repaired sunglasses returned to owner", they will hopefully look kindly on them at customs.

10. Joshua yates

O nice one Carrera. Have u always used doc chop? Or do you fleet ur custom between the two? Also what have you been paying shipping wise, if you don't mind me asking