1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Don't think I've seen this on the board yet.....so here goes. Poll is for your all time favorite in any X Metal model. Feel free to share your overall list or comments on your number one pick...here's mine

1. Polished (gets stares EVERYWHERE. Pain in the A** to keep clean and unmarred....but worth it).
    2. 24K (the ole one..not the new abomination..if only Oakley made this for Juliet).
    3. X Metal (early generations, industrial, otherworld looking...current gen would rank around Plasma on my list).
    4. Titanium (many like early generations, I don't...second gen is what plasma should be..a dark industrial silver...almost a Plasma/X Metal hybrid).
    5.Polished Carbon (hides a lines a bit...works on XS because of how that frame is designed..makes a dark finish pop enough to be noticed).
    6. Carbon (same as Polished Carbon but more subdued...helps pull the color out of Ruby though)
    7. Plasma (want your X Metal to like every other metal glass? Here you go. Works decently only with Ice).
    8. 24K (new generation...sorry had to include based on my distaste for it).

Wild Card: TIO2. Never owned and like the look...but I think it might not get noticed anymore than standard X Metal etc by the casual observer.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. S-works

S-works 奥克利专家

i'll be the first... TiO2!!:big grin:

my ranking would be:
    1. TiO2 - just because it looks different
    2. X Metal - the older gen darker ones
    3. Plasma - the older gen lighter ones, the new darker ones don't stand out
    4. Polished
    5. Carbon
    6. Polished Carbon

3. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I will be the second: Tio2

The Tio2 has always been a favorite of mine because it molds the X Metal and Plasma finish onto one frame. Can't decide which frame to wear that day, (like I have that problem) LOL. The Tio2 frame has that extra head turning quality, that no other frame can come close too. For Oakley enthusiasts and X Metal collectors this is the crown jewel of frame colorways. IMO the Tio2 is hands down the best colorway for an X Metal frame you can have, next to the X Metal XX 24k. I am not a fan of the new 24k Juliet and X Squared. The Tio2 and the X Metal XX 24k are two tone collaborations of pure ecstasy.

4. sunpoh

sunpoh Oakley Enthusiast

Carbon because you cant pair it with almost any lens and look like a boss. Dont own a pair of TiO2 or 24k so i wont know much about them.... Polished and certain lenses like ruby are just weird. P

5. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

You forgot the brown!

6. xmetalmaniac

I noticed that too......:)

7. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Brown would fall under Other. Way way too rare to warrant its own option.

8. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

i go with the TiO2!

9. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Right now it's my 24K XX finish but I'm sure when my TiO2 comes in on Monday that it'll take the cake so I voted TiO2. :D

10. xmetalmaniac

So I assume, for other members in this poll that Copper and Titanium would also be listed under others, correct?