• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

They're finally...FINALLY here.

The halves are by far the better for RX

I second that!!!! I never considered the half x as RX but I don't see why not!!! They look awesome in polished!!!! Makes me want to consider not buying my carbon plates and just getting another half x frame...... Decisions, decisions....

Nice RX, where do you send them to convert it into RX? I'm planning to do that with my half x or juliet, but the Optical shop that I went to said that they don't work on oakley RX, I have to send it out to Oakley itself or to its authorized dealer, but Man! I inquire to oakley and the price was so high, it was almost the price of a new X metal. So I end up buying a wiretap and I receive a lot of compliment, after 8 years I purchase a new one which is the carbon plate, its cool and it is very light though.

Nice RX, where do you send them to convert it into RX? I'm planning to do that with my half x or juliet, but the Optical shop that I went to said that they don't work on oakley RX, I have to send it out to Oakley itself or to its authorized dealer, but Man! I inquire to oakley and the price was so high, it was almost the price of a new X metal. So I end up buying a wiretap and I receive a lot of compliment, after 8 years I purchase a new one which is the carbon plate, its cool and it is very light though.

Hey thanks! I brought it to my local eye-wear store. He works directly with Oakley and I was able to bring it to him. The issue with the Half-X was this; he had called Oakley prior to me ordering the Half-X frames and Oakley had said that they were able to customize the Half-X into the Rx. Fine. Once I got the Half-X, he had sent them off to Oakley only to find out 2 weeks later that Oakley wasn't able to get them done. Ugh...
Once Oakley sent the frames back, my guy was gonna ask one of his guys in his lab to customize it himself. All this happened within a 3month period. He felt bad and actually gave me the Half-X for free!
Within the 3 month time, I got a bit impatient and that's when I got the Juliets done. Those were officially done by Oakley because I have the "O" engraved at the bottom left lens.
I got both yesterday in the same day.
Try bringing your Oakleys to you local eye-wear store and ask if they can do it. So far so good!

Makes me want to get a new pair of Rx glasses even though I wear contacts all the time. Nicely done!

Very cool. Do they get dark in the sunlight?

No they're not transitions lenses. Just regular non-reflective and anti-glare ones.
I thinking of getting the "Wind Jacket" in transition lenses since I'll use them as my motorcycle wear.

Back