• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thinking About Joining The Family

I understand your arguement there but to me if there was a pair built to be worn daily its the R1.

It's built like a tank, no flex coupler to degrade and with aftermarket lenses installed lessened there are less worries about spider-cracking.

This makes for a formidable unit both functionally and aesthetically.

True, not having a coupler is nice but to most here, aftermarket lenses are blasphemy and the cost of OEM is ridiculous. Even OEM chops aren't cheap compared to a $50-$60 juliet lens. Also, if you are careful with how you put on and remove your juliets/XS, that coupler should last 10 years.

I'd say XX b/c it seems you gravitate to larger lenses with more coverage. Btw, mine are for sale on the boards, haha. Shoot me a PM, maybe we can work something out. <<<<< Shameless plug :redface:

Too bad they didn't make a brown XS. I think that would be amazing looking!

And I'd want a XX if I didn't have to sell my leg for it.

Too bad they didn't make a brown XS. I think that would be amazing looking!

And I'd want a XX if I didn't have to sell my leg for it.

A brown XS would be interesting to see...maybe with gold iridium...

Has the prices on XX's inflated that bad? I'm sure your leg is worth a hell of a lot more than an XX, LOL! J/K!

I would say go for the X squared. Your wallet will be sorry but you definitely won't be. I took a gamble with the X squared as my first x metal purchase then went to the juliet, I now have 6 x metals (4 juliets and 2 x squared). Once you get bitten you'll be back for more in no time

A brown XS would be interesting to see...maybe with gold iridium...

Has the prices on XX's inflated that bad? I'm sure your leg is worth a hell of a lot more than an XX, LOL! J/K!
The cheapest I've seen on here is $350. That's just too much dough for me to blow at once. Maybe I'll get lucky one day.

Back