1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

I have a spare set of OO BIP XS lenses that I just got from Oakley Warranty and I've been wanting to put them in a pair of Polished XS that I haven't been able to find yet.

But I was looking at my X-Metals case today and I was wondering if I should get a Plasma frame to mash up with my X-Metal frame for a TiO2 frame and put the OO BIP in those instead.

I already have a reverse TiO2 frame (I call it the Hybrid frame) that has Ice Iridium in it. By doing a TiO2 frame it would mean that I'd end up with another Hybrid frame but it would be with the Ruby and red rubber set that I have on my X-Metal frame currently.

So should I just go for a Polished frame and put my OO BIP in those or get a Plasma frame and do the TiO2 and end up with two Hybrid frames?

I forgot to mention, I already have a TiO2 XX.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

Can I throw in another suggestion? What about Polished Carbon with the OO BI?

3. Razerwire

It's kinda funny that you mention the Polished Carbon because the OO BIP I bought was initially meant for my Polished Carbon. Before I got the OO BIP in, I put in some spare Fire Iridium Polarized and just fell in love with the look so I think I'm gonna stay with that. Plus BriP mentioned that putting the OO BIP on the Polished Carbon would make it a very understated frame as opposed to the Fire Iridium Polarized which looks outstanding on the dark frame.

4. Razerwire

Here's what I have so far in terms of XSs.

Thinking About One More X-Squared - DSC_0001-5.jpg

5. jetta3381

jetta3381 Oakley Enthusiast

the middle XS is that plasma with x-metal?

6. Razerwire

Yup, Plasma flex coupler and ear stems, X-Metal orbitals. Or reverse TiO2.

7. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Can xman tumble one to a polished/plasma look? That'd solve your problem

8. Razerwire

Not sure how far he's gotten in his research with non-X-Metal finishes. But taking a Plasma and polishing it may be the route I have to go if I can't locate a Polished frame.