• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thinking about the o rokr pro

asetech08

Oakley Beginner
hey guys im a road cyclist and I saw the Oakley thumps but at the time I didn't ride now that I do I was looking at these glasses and the rokr pro I know has a long battery life and memory like 2gb with Bluetooth. I have all my music on my phone but would be nice to use the glasses memory. so we all understand when I go out riding I can be out riding for up to 4 hours at one time / 50 miles. so I thought these glasses would be perfect. the 512mb just wont cut it.

my question is how reliable are they? does oakley still do the repairs if anything fails? I heard that they are not that loud and riding my bike at 20mph does generate some wind noise has anyone put a noise cancelling piece over the stock ear bud for improved sound? If I were to buy a set it will be 3rd party which I know there is no warranty. thanks in advanced I will take all the feed back I can get

Since you have all your music on your phone why not get a pair of wireless bluetooth headsets? I use a set that is wireless and they are great....you can listen to the music from your phone and when your phone rings you can answer the phone by touching a button on the earpiece.

I wouldn't go with the thumps for what you want.

Wear a pair of Radars and get the earpiece.....here is a link to two brands of what I'm talking about.

Plantronics | BackBeat FIT

Jabra Sport

Last edited:
I used to have those well like the wireless wrap around head phones. the only thing is wearing those with glasses cause they both go behind the ear. how does that work for you wearing both

I used to have those well like the wireless wrap around head phones. the only thing is wearing those with glasses cause they both go behind the ear. how does that work for you wearing both
I have no problem at all wearing both.

I hate to sound preechy, but don't ride with earphones etc, you just cannot hear whats coming up behind you. Too dangerous I think.

The O Rokr Pro and Thump Pro are two different things. The O Rokr Pro is a Bluetooth headset and the Thump Pro is a MP3 player. Thump Pro's came in several memory capacities, the O Rokr Pro does not have memory.

i ride on riverbeds and trails, streets are too bumpy and uneven. but i always unplug one ear when i do ride on the streets. but if i ride 50 miles usually 10 miles or less is on the streets depending on where i go. but yes i hear you brother being on a bike on a street is more dangerous then a motorcycle cause im a lot slower.

i saw a youtube video the rokr pro has a 1gb memory can anyone confirm

I used Thumps. Loved them until they became incompatible with iTunes.

Back