• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thinking I just got some fake PB2's

Yep, it's accurate. I suspect that this person is buying counterfeit goods from china in bulk and just re-selling it. In my line of work, I deal with a different kind of counterfeiting and re-sellers on ebay have this guy's MO.

Yep, it's accurate. I suspect that this person is buying counterfeit goods from china in bulk and just re-selling it. In my line of work, I deal with a different kind of counterfeiting and re-sellers on ebay have this guy's MO.

Sorry to hear that. Just hope u get your money back.

Glad you were able to return them, another indication is the bottom part of the orbital right below the torx screw there is not as much material as on a genuine pair. Also is it just the picture or is the screw an Allen screw and not a torx?

As additional data for this, the "travel trade" folks are definitely a scammer, selling brand new fakes. I got a Pit Boss from them and it's clearly a fake. I requested a refund though eBay's official channels and they responded almost immediately, with no questions, indicating to me that they are fully aware of what is going on. The PB had screws in the arms and plates, and no "A" in the molded plastic like it should. They advertise it as a used pair from their personal collection, which they give as the reason it doesn't come with the box or bag. The pictures also cleverly avoid showing the areas of the frame that give it away.

At the time I thought it was worth a shot to see if I could get something genuine for a good price, but after doing more research it's pretty clear they know what they are doing. I learned to just google the ebay names and search them on here as well.

(as an aside, this is really a shame because the fakes are actually quite well done and if they put the effort into something original they would actually be decent glasses. Unless you really geek out and search forums like we do, you would really never know you didn't get a real pair.)

Good to hear it ended well. The guy who sells those probably has the worst karma in the whole entire oakley universe...

Back