• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thinking I just got some fake PB2's

Wow, I just stumbled onto this when researching PB1's and PB2's. I thought the MD fakes are getting good, but this is on another level. Thanks for the heads up fellas.

As a followup on this, I have had to go back and forth a little on this to get the refund. They did it as an eCheck which takes several days to process and their first attempt was rejected by their bank today. o_O So I emailed and threatened to open the case with eBay again and report their auctions, and they replied back within minutes that they would take care of it. We'll see. They have a couple days for PayPal to attempt the transfer again. Needless to say, frustrating, and hopefully won't need any more action on my part.

I ended up buying a pair of PBI from a known collector in France (brand new, with box, bag, etc) for a bit more money but with little doubt to their authenticity. Moral of the story is that for the Pit Boss at least, avoid eBay and look to real collectors here on the forums or big Facebook groups.

As a followup on this, I have had to go back and forth a little on this to get the refund. They did it as an eCheck which takes several days to process and their first attempt was rejected by their bank today. o_O So I emailed and threatened to open the case with eBay again and report their auctions, and they replied back within minutes that they would take care of it. We'll see. They have a couple days for PayPal to attempt the transfer again. Needless to say, frustrating, and hopefully won't need any more action on my part.

I ended up buying a pair of PBI from a known collector in France (brand new, with box, bag, etc) for a bit more money but with little doubt to their authenticity. Moral of the story is that for the Pit Boss at least, avoid eBay and look to real collectors here on the forums or big Facebook groups.

I would still report his/her auctions to ebay. It's not a one time deal, "traveltrades" is trying to pay his mortgage off this scam.

It's hard to tell without more pictures of all the right areas.
On the rootbeer one where you can see the sku, the spacing on the lettering is slightly off from my pb2.
I've never had a pb1, so I have nothing to compare it too.

Edit: pictures 4&5 on his black pb2 give it away.
My legit pair:
56de13a363a8115b2d0229c8cede4994.jpg

Last edited:
decided to be snarky. saw him selling some pb2's and tried to do an offer of 5 bucks along with a message, 'i know this is fake, so 5 bucks is about what they're actually worth' and i got an immediate response that the user has blocked me from making offers on his products. hah!

Its fake! Just look at the screw on the inside orbital, they use a negative screw instead of the positive and the "O" where the sku marking is way off and the Pitboss II etching is sloppy, anyway its good to hear that you had it returned but just an advice, you should have reported it to ebay so that they can be stop selling fakes and scamming other people.

Back