• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thinking of a DIY on my old pair of Half Jacket 1.0

TechGuy77

Oakley Expert
Lincoln, NE
Recently got a new pair of Custom Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 and want to customize/refurbish my old Half Jacket 1.0's. Oakley was kind enough to send me a new rubber kit in any color as long as its black! I have some used but like new condition standard Fire Iridium & Black Iridium lenses coming along with a bonus Oakley Soft Case and spare black cleaning bag. Hopefully they are in good shape, guy lost the glasses long, long time ago and said he barely used them and they are almost like new been sitting in a drawer for a long time. Thinking of painting the frame a Pearl White (auto paint) with black rubbers and Fire Iridium Polarized XLJ lenses. What are you guy's thoughts?

Other thing is I want XLJ lenses in Fire Iridium Polarized instead of standard. I know a forum member on here has a pair but I have to be on here 14 days and make 15 useful post. I hope this counts as a first useful post towards 15.

IMG_20160109_084100684.jpg

You might be able to find the lenses on his ebay store and send him a message stating you are a member on the forum and try to work something out with him.

I haven't listed anything on my eBay store but we'll get you all sorted out - don't worry.

So I received my eBay purchase early today! For $25 I got a pair of Oakley Fire Iridium and black Iridium standard lenses, original Oakley black hard/soft case for Oakley half Jackets and the black soft cleaning/storage bag.

Until I research and buy paint, I put my Half Jacket 1.0's together with the new rubber kit and Fire Iriduim lenses. They look so much better! Can't wait to paint the frame either pearl white or maybe even a metallic burnt dark Orange color. Here is a picture of my 2 pairs of Oakley sunglasses I own so far! You guys are so right, this is addicting!

uploadfromtaptalk1452373971862.jpg

So I received my eBay purchase early today! For $25 I got a pair of Oakley Fire Iridium and black Iridium standard lenses, original Oakley black hard/soft case for Oakley half Jackets and the black soft cleaning/storage bag.

Until I research and buy paint, I put my Half Jacket 1.0's together with the new rubber kit and Fire Iriduim lenses. They look so much better! Can't wait to paint the frame either pearl white or maybe even a metallic burnt dark Orange color. Here is a picture of my 2 pairs of Oakley sunglasses I own so far! You guys are so right, this is addicting!

View attachment 212737
I joined last year looking for parts for the same pair,as you..that was 19 pairs and counting ago:eek:...run now..run quick or you'll pay:car:

I joined last year looking for parts for the same pair,as you..that was 19 pairs and counting ago:eek:...run now..run quick or you'll pay:car:

I think I had about 6 pairs of Half Jackets when I joined, two the same as the ones above and I've only added a couple (and no more Half Jackets) :cool: As long as you can steer clear of Oakleytrader's irresistible sales it is doable to not have them pile up:D

RUUUUNNNNNNN while you still can!!! Although I find running much easier than the Forum has taken all of the money that I once had to carry in my pockets.

View attachment 212737
$25 for "Oakley" lenses? TWO SETS of Oakley lenses???? Along with a case and microfiber bag?

Uh oh.

$25 for "Oakley" lenses? TWO SETS of Oakley lenses???? Along with a case and microfiber bag?

Uh oh.
I know sounds to good to be true but they are in fact all authentic Oakley, just used but excellent shape, like new. The guy lost his half jackets out on the lake and these have been sitting in a drawer for years he stated. Both sets of lenses make everything pop unlike fake ones. The case is older but I recall seeing this style in the Oakley store when I got my first pair of half jackets. It just has that real Oakley feel and is very stiff and firm unlike a fake one a buddy of mine has, its a joke. I found a few pictures of the smaller round ones with the same logo style. The soft cleaning bag is exactly like mine. So it's all authentic!

Here is the logo on the case.

737d716a817ed3887cd3f71a7ce829ad.jpg

Last edited:
They look legit. I got a pair of almost unused Half Jackets with Polarized fire XLJs and Black Iridium XLJs in a case for something like that some time ago. For some reason nobody else put in a bid:dance2:

Back