1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. SUPR SAV

SUPR SAV Oakley Beginner Premium Member

Hey folks:

new here. Oakley Fanatic.

I have 2 quick questions for the expert opinions:

1.) The "gift with purchase" of a custom pair is an american flag metal decal, and a bottle opener. Do we have any reason to believe that the bottle opener is different from the previous giveaway? i.e.. do we think that the design on the back may be different from the HQ?

2.) I sign up for the Oakley newsletter, which promises to notify us of new offers and exclusives, but I feel like I am always the last to the party to find out about carbon fiber money clip/carabiner, rob display, HQ ornament, etc. How do people know!?

Thank you!

Bronzefunk and Raptor like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Most of us find out on here when new stuff is about to be released, and yea it's the same bottle opener

SUPR SAV likes this.
  3. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Just a word of caution about the bottle opener. It is for decorative purposes only. While it CAN open a bottle, the soft metal used in its construction will be marred and scarred in the process... Really surprised the heck out of (stupid) me when I tried to use it to actually open a bottle at a party, lol.

4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

This.

And that's why you get a bunch of them. Mess one up and you got all the others just in case. :p

5. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

I have several, so I took the one I screwed up, took out my metal files, and polished up the scratched and gouged areas. So the opener portion is shiny now, kinda gives a cool contrast. Lives in the case now..

QLR1 and OakleyFrankFMJ like this.
  6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

At least it's got a good loving home. ;)

joecool862 likes this.
  7. SUPR SAV

SUPR SAV Oakley Beginner Premium Member

RIP

joecool862 likes this.