• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- This (For Me) Is Absolutely Insane ...

Thanks, man.

I was like in my car reading the short story you shared with me on how you got yours, & I actually felt guilty.
Some people find better deals than others. Some people are willing to pay more than other people for something. Prices vary everywhere. Enjoy setting up your display!! I can't wait to see when it is done.

No, not bragging, just serendipity.

And don't worry about filling a cube up, it's not a case for storage but rather presentation, for showing off your two favourite pieces to best effect.

Interested in seeing what you select :)

No, not bragging, just serendipity.

And don't worry about filling a cube up, it's not a case for storage but rather presentation, for showing off your two favourite pieces to best effect.

Interested in seeing what you select :)

Serendipity. Yeah, ... That might be a better choice of word than fortunate ... per se.

... & you are dead-on about what "should" be the use of these, ... well, ... you are pretty much right on as far as what I am going to do with it.

Though I have a few knick-knacks & worth-while things to put in it, ... plus I want to install some LEDs ...

Argh!

Finally got around to polishing all the acrylic in this darn thing, & putting the new lock on it. Put little rubber things on the feet as well so it would not slide around, then adjusted one foot so it was level.

Made a little set up with my Gascan's (Matte Black frame w/ Black Iridium lens) ... more or less just playin' around with some "O" knick-knacks I have & whatnot.

Time to put the shelf in, & see what I can do with the top half!
oakleyCUBEdisplayCASE-0003_zps5307969d.jpg

I suppose I will make a permanent Topic/Thread in the display area for this deal of mine, & share what I do with it & changes, etc., with folks from there ... as I am going to finally install permanent LED lighting in it ... this, http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20119418/ most likely.

Thanks a TON for everyone for the kind words, & for kind of helping me from not having "Buyer's Guilt" both here & PM because of how I got this without hardly lifting a finger & having to put a huge search in for one. Oh well, ... something has to be said for luck, I suppose.

Be well, folks.

Lookin good brother! That was a steal. There was one locally some guy was selling on CL for $650. Enjoy it. Looks clean and well populated. Uncluttered and classy.... O style

Yup, great find!
Walt Whitman said it and Dizzy Dean paraphrased it- It ain't braggin' if you really done it.
I installed exactly that Dioder kit in my cube just like yours. It will be an easy install and be virtually invisible.

Latest Posts

Back