• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

This Is What Not Cleaning Your Glasses Looks Like.

know exactly how you feel. just paid near retail for a "mint" pair of x metal xs with ice polarized lenses and original ruby lenses. got it a few days ago and the frame was loose, rubbers slippery, frame all scuffed. ice lenses NOT polarized and had something like a rash on it. at least the ruby lenses were scratch free. sad thing is, seller told me that mint was NOT brand new and that my expectations were too high. yeah right. i even clarified during the auction re: the condition, just to make sure. what a dead beat. item not as described case in progress. but knowing ebay, it's hopeless.

know exactly how you feel. just paid near retail for a "mint" pair of x metal xs with ice polarized lenses and original ruby lenses. got it a few days ago and the frame was loose, rubbers slippery, frame all scuffed. ice lenses NOT polarized and had something like a rash on it. at least the ruby lenses were scratch free. sad thing is, seller told me that mint was NOT brand new and that my expectations were too high. yeah right. i even clarified during the auction re: the condition, just to make sure. what a dead beat. item not as described case in progress. but knowing ebay, it's hopeless.
i thjnk you have a case. the price gap between a mint lens and some crap with scuffs is mad- youve got a $50-100 gap there on condition alone (including the frame and rubber problems)

i thjnk you have a case. the price gap between a mint lens and some crap with scuffs is mad- youve got a $50-100 gap there on condition alone (including the frame and rubber problems)
i do hope so...it's just that ebay is not really reliable if you know what i mean. i am still kicking myself in the nuts for being scammed again....

I'm hoping that's just mud too. Gross. Never seen anything like that on any of my glasses ever.

It amazes me how dirty one can get their sunglasses. I mean, I couldn't even do that if I TRIED. LOL

But yeah, I've gotten some X-Metals where I had to do some thorough scrubbing to remove years of built up nastiness.

That is pretty disgusting. Could you tell they were that dirty before pulling the lenses?

Back