• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

This must be my week

Just got home. Time to clean the case and move it in. As the guy told me, its missing the shelves. I'm thinking plexi should be good enough. Thoughts?
Go with glass especially if you have a friend in the business. Plexiglas scratches and while you can buff them why bother when you have a hook-up.
I am curious to see what you can get a set of glass shelves for, from my experience glass cut to specs ain't cheap. You can get the M10 screws (IIRC) for the shelf support pegs at Home Depot or Lowes.

Go with glass especially if you have a friend in the business. Plexiglas scratches and while you can buff them why bother when you have a hook-up.
I am curious to see what you can get a set of glass shelves for, from my experience glass cut to specs ain't cheap. You can get the M10 screws (IIRC) for the shelf support pegs at Home Depot or Lowes.

I think when I built my case I paid 8-10$ per shelf for tempered glass, 1/4" thick. Could be wrong tho, but that's what jumps out when I think back

I'm going to see him this week. It has all the screws so I'm good there. Just got new locks at Home Depot. Well 2, my mom works at another HD so she's checking key codes for 3 more.

Just got home. Time to clean the case and move it in. As the guy told me, its missing the shelves. I'm thinking plexi should be good enough. Thoughts? Also, the OTT is awesome. I never really hunted one, but now that I have it, I'm stoked. It even fits well.
View attachment 120771
View attachment 120772
Plexi glass will sag over time or once to much weight is applied. Real glass is how the shelves come from the manufacture and they will hold up much better. If you can get real glass that's your best bet. About a quarter inch thick.

you are right - it was your week - CONGRATS to your new adds!!

the display looks good . . . and the OTT is sweeeeeet.

hopefully you will get the plexiglas soon.

:drinks:

I'm hearing a lot of the same thing about the plexi. My buddy says tempered glass 1/4 inch is the way to go. He should be cutting it for me tomorrow.

Nice pick up. Thought you got that doomsday ott lol.

Hahaha that thing will be there for a while I bet.

Back