1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MarcelN

MarcelN Oakley Beginner

Does anyone have info on this year's Tour de France special edition glasses?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The Crawling Chaos Premium Member

What I learned from the guys at Bicycle Haus and the vault was that Oakley was going to make the jawbone the same color way as the acid frogskins. That was before they changed them to racing jackets. So who knows if it will happen.

3. faxmanjazz

faxmanjazz Oakley Enthusiast

i wouldn't be surprised if they did something really tame lime matte glacier radarlocks

4. mpmcgaughey

mpmcgaughey Oakley Enthusiast

I came across this link awhile back that said Mark Cavendish, Cadel Evans and Fabian Cancellara were going to get their own Signature Series Radar and Jawbone but nothing ever surfaced :eek:(

Oakley 2012 , les nouveautés ! - Newsbikes.com

Last year the Echelon Jawbone and Radar were introduced around the time of the Amgen Tour of California, in May, and the year before that the BMX Chrome Jawbone and Radar were introduced at the start of Paris-Roubaix, in April...while the year before that, the Anti-Freeze Radars were released June 1st...and the year before that, the Atomics were introduced in July (my box says 24.06.2008)...and the Retina Burns were brought out at the 07' Interbike :eek:)

Last year's Echelon's were a let down to me...the only good thing about them were the lenses, which I imagine will be out soon enough...so I'm hoping they do something awesome this year. I know it won't be an FMJ anything, nor a Splatter, but I believe we'll be seeing them soon as the ATOC is next week :eek:)

5. jfiori

jfiori Oakley Beginner

What about the Jawbone's Taylor Phinney has been wearing in the Giro?

Last edited by a moderator: 5/21/14
  6. mpmcgaughey

Those are custom World Champ Splatter painted ones, like the Radars, and are an athlete exclusives - Championship Splatter: Special Oakley Radar XL Design for World Champion Bike Athletes

But I'd like to see them do an Ultraviolet or Phantom of the Aqua still :eek:)
    This year's TdF limited editions? - 2678605648_7839bb70ae_o.jpg
    This year's TdF limited editions? - ThorHushovdJawbone-1.jpg

"Oakley’s Fabian Cancellara is wearing his very special Atomic Orange, Cadel Evans has Radioactive Violet and Thor Hushovd is in Phantom of the Aqua."
    http://www.oakley.com/sports/tdf/posts/781

Last edited by a moderator: 5/21/14
  7. jfiori

jfiori Oakley Beginner

I agree that I'd love to see those green Jawbones, kinda interesting that Phinney is wearing a world champion pair and he's no longer the current world champion.

8. mpmcgaughey

When you're collection is as sick as his...you can wear whatever ya want ;o)

The case is getting crowded! on Twitpic
    Custom world champ shades... Courtesy of the Oakley! Who make... on Twitpic

...and here's Mark Cavendish's ;o)
    http://twitter.com/#!/MarkCavendish/status/158642835728502784/photo/1
    http://twitter.com/#!/robhayles1/status/163698037418500096/photo/1

9. jfiori

jfiori Oakley Beginner

Touche.

That is an awesome collection, I'm disappointed now that they won't be releasing the Jawbones he's wearing.

He's an outstanding talent and will be the next Captain America, but with World Champion stripes once again.

10. mpmcgaughey

Captain America...like these -
    This year's TdF limited editions? - 5749744512_f822bde1fc_z.jpg
    TOC2011_Stg05001.JPG by TREKJAPAN, on Flickr

Attached Files: