• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Those Guys Rock

Shldonator

Oakley Expert
About a month ago and during the bounce back promotion, I bought a pair of PB IIs from the O store in Tempe Marketplace in Tempe Arizona, I didn't really know what the program was so didn't think anything about it. The young man selling me the glasses focused on fixing an issue with the first pair he brought out and forgot to give me the coupons. I headed out the door and didn't think anything about it.

I started reading comments about the program here on the forum and realized I had left a substantial amount of cash on the table. Having nothing to lose, I called up the store and talked to one of the assistant managers who told me to come in so we could work something out.

I drove up from Tucson this morning and visited the store. The assistant manager I talked to handed me off to the manager Nick, and without blinking an eye, he hooked me up with the coupons. I told him that most retail places would have told me "too bad, should have caught it earlier". Nick was nothing but apologetic for my trouble.

What Nick didn't realize was that I was coming in anyway to pick up the next pair of PBs. I traded him the coupons for new glasses. To make up for my trouble, Nick threw in a free case. Now that is how you make and keep customers.

Ive laid into Oakley a few times over the past year about bad policies and crappy service. Ill be sure to circle back around to the mother ship and let them know they have a group of star performers in Tempe.

Oh, and the glasses are cool too...just not as cool as the experience.

Now that's customer service. I had a similar issue 2 1/2 years ago when I bought my PB 1's from the O store in the Florida Mall in the fact that we were too busy talking shades & my the pair of Ducati Hatchet that I was wearing the guy forgot to give me my reciept. Anyway two days later I discovered that one of the Icons were loose. So I took everything back to the store. As soon as I entered the stor one of the guys recognised me, came over & said they had my reciept at the till. I showed him the problem with the glasses. 2 minutes later glasses replaced & my receipt in hand for any warranty purposes. It just goes to show that customer service DOES exist, more so in the USA than the UK too....:newrussian:

Although Oakley is a multi-billion dollar company, it only has 200 stores worldwide. It is nice to know that they practice good customer service in store.

Although Oakley is a multi-billion dollar company, it only has 200 stores worldwide. It is nice to know that they practice good customer service in store.

And not a single one in Scotland :mad:

Good to hear about things like this. When I went to the Vault down at Chesire Oaks (UK) I had a voucher to get 10% off and forgot to use it haha. Went back a few days later before heading back home to buy a watch and the manager recongised us (probably the accent) my mum told him about the voucher that I forgot to use and he gave us money off the watch! Can't wait to go back next month;)

The key is going into the store for great customer service. The guys on yhe phone not so much. Nick also at my vault knows me by name and the whole staff takes care of me

Good deal. The Manager at my local O-Store takes really good care of me. he has dealt with me returning items and still hooks me up with discounts and price matches. I took in $310 in BB Coupons and wanted to buy a pair of Juliets He said that the coupons would only allow him to ring up $200 at a time in BB Coupons. He "sold" me a pair of Split Jackets for $200 in coupons. He then returned the Split Jackets, and applied the credit toward the Juliets, rang in another $110 in BB Coupons, and so I paid $90 for a pair of Polarized Juliets.
They have earned a loyal customer. Now they just need to stock some glasses that I want to buy.

Back