• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Those With Mars

@ Razerwire

some pics for u to compare...

1. Mars vs Juliet sizing

img0243ir.jpg

2. Mars vs X Squared sizing

img0245hi.jpg

3. Mars and Juliet orbital comparison - the Mars is narrower at the front in terms of orbitals, means light can get in from the sides. Fit wise, they are the same at the ear stems.

img0246xi.jpg
Thanks for the pics!

The Mars seems to have more angular from the flex coupler to the hinge. Almost makes it seem like it's a bad choice for people who have flatter faces.

I'm still unsure at this point if I want to look into buying a pair of Mars as I really don't know how they'd look on me. Especially with the prices for them being so high. I've also seen video reviews that the Exovista lenses don't fit correctly in the frame so if the original lenses get scratched, you're essentially screwed.

The leather one looks nice but most reviews I've read mention how the leather gets darkened very easily.

I guess my next question is, for those of you who own them, would you ever wear them out or is it strictly a display piece for you?

Thanks for the pics!

The Mars seems to have more angular from the flex coupler to the hinge. Almost makes it seem like it's a bad choice for people who have flatter faces.

I'm still unsure at this point if I want to look into buying a pair of Mars as I really don't know how they'd look on me. Especially with the prices for them being so high. I've also seen video reviews that the Exovista lenses don't fit correctly in the frame so if the original lenses get scratched, you're essentially screwed.

The leather one looks nice but most reviews I've read mention how the leather gets darkened very easily.

I guess my next question is, for those of you who own them, would you ever wear them out or is it strictly a display piece for you?

The mars orbitals actually sit decently on my asian profile, and surprisingly comfortable. only issue is it does have alot less give in the frame, so fits tightt.

I have worn these out before, once. maybe not often but once in awhile to mix it up =)

The mars orbitals actually sit decently on my asian profile, and surprisingly comfortable. only issue is it does have alot less give in the frame, so fits tightt.

I have worn these out before, once. maybe not often but once in awhile to mix it up =)
Which one do you have?

Same as S-Works, the Crater. They were going for cheap (relatively) on ebay not long ago, so i snapped one up. I use #15 tshocks, and fit is nice. Use larger nosebombs too.. create some space from the frame to your cheeks/eyebrows. works out well
Grrr. Mars and cheap don't go together these days on eBay. Wonder what caused the rise in prices?

dunno. revival of movies, peoples interests.. or just damn scalpers pulling a quick one and everyone following suit. basically if you can find them for around under Romeo1 money, thats the decent price.
Yeah everything I"ve see thus far has been around four bills. :\

Any of you guys know how the penny fits comapred to the juliet??
The Penny fits looser since it's on spring hinges. The lenses are considerably smaller so coverage is definitely less than the Juliet.

Any of you guys know how the penny fits comapred to the juliet??

yes.. the frame looks smaller, but actually fits looser due to those spring hinges. You want a slightly smaller-average face for them to look nice. also if you are using #25 t-shocks in your juliets comfortably, they will be perfect fit.

My vote is try them on first. (i see you're in singapore, Im actually headed there for a holiday so if you cant find a fellow collector to test them on, im glad to meetup for you to have a go on a free day)

Back