1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Zeke

Zeke - The Retarded Battle Continues ... Premium Member

I am thinking about getting a pair of either 'Jinx or Cell's with the G30's in them.

From the looks of it on O's site, they appear to give off almost a purple/violet, Ice & Black Iridiium'ish tint/hue to them ...

That aside, what are your folks' opinion of them for general use? I have to say that I do not (remember) see them as a lens in many of the photos of the "What are you wearing today" Thread, ... but I know people have them.

As a side note, I generally use my glasses as a 50/50 fashion access/sunny day driving aid. I think I have seen these in some golf- "specific" combos, but cannot remember for positive.

Thank for anything, everything.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

Thanks for asking. I am also deliberating about getting a pair of Flaks with G30 BI (not normal G30) and really want to hear what people think. Also, whether better than VL28 BI. Apologies to Zeke for hi-jacking your thread but I think we want the same thing!

Zeke likes this.
  3. steveocubed

steveocubed Oakley Enthusiast

Check out this link from 6:15 - 7:41 if you want to get a good idea of what they look like. Overall, I'd say they're ok from medium days to anything darker but G30 black iridium might get a little dicey for a bright, bright day depending on how sensitive your eyes are. Hope that helps!

Zeke and saulsaul like this.
  4. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

I have two pairs of Juliets with G30s (30% transmission as opposed to G30 BI's 25%) and it's one of my favourite lenses. The iridium coating for G30 does have a bluish sheen - not sure if G30 BI would if it's just normal black iridium.

The G30 base, whilst initially touted as golf-specific, is also great in everyday circumstances - I find VR28 BI and BIP a bit heavy-handed in comparison, G30 is more subtle.

In everything bar the brightest sunshine it work's fine - here in the UK it's suitable most of the time.

5. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

Thanks very much, Carrera1963. You've sold me on G30 over VR28 which I tried once, liked, but found a bit too 'fairy land'.

6. Zeke

I am not a fan of the VR28 whatsoever ... just got a Crosshair 2.0 with them. Yuck.

7. David F

David F Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

WOW, really? I recently picked up a pair of PB with them and I really like them. Was really impressed. But to each their own.

8. Zeke

These, or the Fuel Cell's, are what started my interest in this lens. The .com has them both, & I have been dying to get my mitts on another 'Jinx for awhile now.
    http://www.o-review.com/database_detail_colorway.php?ID=7841&table_name=glasses

To add to the list of lenses that I have - in one model/frame or another - would be cool, but some, like the VR50 & VR28's, are just not my fave's ... though I do like the VR50's at night ... Slap 'em in my Gascan's, ... & I drive all night & no one's headlights bother me ... same with OO Red Iridium Polar.

David F likes this.
  9. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

G30 is my favorite lens, ive never work g30BI but what I've seen in my wife's frames it's pretty rocking.

G30 with just the right amount of 'darkening' !

Now that new Prizm golf lens looks killer!

Carrera1963 likes this.