• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- Thoughts On G30 Black Iridium Lenses ...

Zeke

- The Retarded Battle Continues ...
I am thinking about getting a pair of either 'Jinx or Cell's with the G30's in them.

From the looks of it on O's site, they appear to give off almost a purple/violet, Ice & Black Iridiium'ish tint/hue to them ...

That aside, what are your folks' opinion of them for general use? I have to say that I do not (remember) see them as a lens in many of the photos of the "What are you wearing today" Thread, ... but I know people have them.

As a side note, I generally use my glasses as a 50/50 fashion access/sunny day driving aid. I think I have seen these in some golf- "specific" combos, but cannot remember for positive.

Thank for anything, everything.

I am thinking about getting a pair of either 'Jinx or Cell's with the G30's in them.

From the looks of it on O's site, they appear to give off almost a purple/violet, Ice & Black Iridiium'ish tint/hue to them ...

That aside, what are your folks' opinion of them for general use? I have to say that I do not (remember) see them as a lens in many of the photos of the "What are you wearing today" Thread, ... but I know people have them.

As a side note, I generally use my glasses as a 50/50 fashion access/sunny day driving aid. I think I have seen these in some golf- "specific" combos, but cannot remember for positive.

Thank for anything, everything.
Thanks for asking. I am also deliberating about getting a pair of Flaks with G30 BI (not normal G30) and really want to hear what people think. Also, whether better than VL28 BI. Apologies to Zeke for hi-jacking your thread but I think we want the same thing!

Check out this link from 6:15 - 7:41 if you want to get a good idea of what they look like. Overall, I'd say they're ok from medium days to anything darker but G30 black iridium might get a little dicey for a bright, bright day depending on how sensitive your eyes are. Hope that helps!

I have two pairs of Juliets with G30s (30% transmission as opposed to G30 BI's 25%) and it's one of my favourite lenses. The iridium coating for G30 does have a bluish sheen - not sure if G30 BI would if it's just normal black iridium.

The G30 base, whilst initially touted as golf-specific, is also great in everyday circumstances - I find VR28 BI and BIP a bit heavy-handed in comparison, G30 is more subtle.

In everything bar the brightest sunshine it work's fine - here in the UK it's suitable most of the time.

I have two pairs of Juliets with G30s (30% transmission as opposed to G30 BI's 25%) and it's one of my favourite lenses. The iridium coating for G30 does have a bluish sheen - not sure if G30 BI would if it's just normal black iridium.

The G30 base, whilst initially touted as golf-specific, is also great in everyday circumstances - I find VR28 BI and BIP a bit heavy-handed in comparison, G30 is more subtle.

In everything bar the brightest sunshine it work's fine - here in the UK it's suitable most of the time.
Thanks very much, Carrera1963. You've sold me on G30 over VR28 which I tried once, liked, but found a bit too 'fairy land'.

These, or the Fuel Cell's, are what started my interest in this lens. The .com has them both, & I have been dying to get my mitts on another 'Jinx for awhile now.
http://www.o-review.com/database_detail_colorway.php?ID=7841&table_name=glasses

To add to the list of lenses that I have - in one model/frame or another - would be cool, but some, like the VR50 & VR28's, are just not my fave's ... though I do like the VR50's at night ... Slap 'em in my Gascan's, ... & I drive all night & no one's headlights bother me ... same with OO Red Iridium Polar.

Back