• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thoughts on new sunglasses

All the hate, damn. What about the Straightlinks, and I like the Elmonts even if they're a Ray Ban clone. Maybe I'm just biased working for Oakley but I really want a pair of Gold Elmont Ls and when I search the forum, all I see is trash talk about the new stuff. I have everything from old X-Metals to new "X-Metals" Oakley is going to continue to come out with new stuff. They can't just keep selling the same old thing and they're going to get it wrong a couple of times, look at the Stringers or Sliver R. Y'all are depressing me :(
Well, if you like them, that's fine. I won't think any less of you.

Perhaps you can spread the goodness of the new stuff.

Sent from Q's Note5

Sent from Q's Note5
I sure hope so, I don't know about Trillbes, they're odd and I want to try them on in store. But I'm lucky, I get to see the product come into our store and try it on before anyone. I am craving these Elmonts though.

I sure hope so, I don't know about Trillbes, they're odd and I want to try them on in store. But I'm lucky, I get to see the product come into our store and try it on before anyone. I am craving these Elmonts though.
Good luck.

The Trillbe looks good on some... I'll say that much about it.

Sent from Q's Note5

Sent from Q's Note5

Don't be fooled OP, you see Q's pic? Literally showing a preemptive backhand slap.

I like the trillbe, just haven't tried them on yet. If they fit my face its going be a buy for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straightlink is the closest new release to cool in my book. Quality has gone way down hill! If you guys want to see something funny go check out some Oakley rx frames. Anything with MNP on the end. New crosslink MNP, junk, new chamfer MNP, trash, new Marshall MNp, why!?
Complete crap and $18 retail higher than the originals... Trust me, I sell Oakley, Ray-Ban, Spy, Smith, etc on a daily basis. Oakley is losing steam. The only thing keeping them afloat is that the other competitors are beginning to make the same junk too (Spy, Smith, and Ray Ban)...

I thought this general quality issue has been the case for quite some time now. Funny how when Lux first bought Ray Ban from Bausch and Lomb they actually improved on the frame quality imo. I didn't buy a new pair until they came out with the P3 Plus lens on the Ultra Aviator.

With most brands being bought out by Lux, my only true competitor sunglasses left are Cazal and modern Porsche Design by Rodenstock. Both are still superb quality even with the CR39 and polycarbonate lenses.

Safilo is rubbish too from what I've seen them done with modern Carrera sunglasses.

The only Oakley I have is the new Madman, finally an Oakley design that is comfy enough to wear. Too bad the paint around the hinges are already chipping away lol!

Last edited:
@krayzie you need some great points. They've almost gotten too big to fail. Now companies like Safilo think they can get away with inferior manufacturing techniques too... It'll be interesting to see what happens to the industry and if any smaller companies can come into market and change the game.

@krayzie you need some great points. They've almost gotten too big to fail. Now companies like Safilo think they can get away with inferior manufacturing techniques too... It'll be interesting to see what happens to the industry and if any smaller companies can come into market and change the game.
I keep getting followed by some sunglasses companies and I just am not feeling them. Stuff I've seen look boring or are an Oakley knockoff.

Sent from Q's Note5

Back