• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thumps

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
It seems like there's always an abundance of Thumps for sale on CL. Are they not good? I curious as to why people seem to want to unload them. I see them all the time on CL here in the DC area from different sellers.

I think I liked the idea better than the execution. I had a pair recently but sold them off. They fit slightly weird on me and can't hold much music.

Plus a lot of them don't work (anymore) and it's hard to find replacement parts if you don't know where to look.

The sound quality is a bit below par imho. Lacks bass compared to proper in-ear buds or cans.

Buy them as a gimmick really, or as a collectors item. I've only ever used my JK Split Thumps once.

The sound quality is a bit below par imho. Lacks bass compared to proper in-ear buds or cans.

Buy them as a gimmick really, or as a collectors item. I've only ever used my JK Split Thumps once.

ditto, my T-pain Split thump has only had the go-abouts twice, and now they just sit. im not a fan of the design enough to rock em every day. now if only i had the set of Romeo1's from MI2.....earbuds, red LED lights in the icon holes... i dont need the explosives though haha!

FUN FACT for you...:

DID YOU KNOW? the Romeo1 in MI2 the movie was a pre-production piece, with STRAIGHT earstems like the mars/Juliet! The pre production working name for the Romeos was called Oscar.

I've the original Thumps (2 pair) the frame is a little flimsy with them being a flak jacket style frame & heavy arms. I love the way the lenses flip up though. You do have to regularly charge the batteries. I don't think the lenses give quite enough coverage as it do let in light from the bottom. But as I said i LOVE MINE & wear them too & from the gym in the summer.

I figured they'd be good to use for a run or something but I guess not if the sound quality isn't that great. I mean, with the music source on your head it'd be one less thing to have to carry or strap to an arm or something.

I figured they'd be good to use for a run or something but I guess not if the sound quality isn't that great. I mean, with the music source on your head it'd be one less thing to have to carry or strap to an arm or something.

There quite good out on the bike. I use to wear my son's Thump Pro's out on my road bike before he sold them. No wires from your MP3 player, less to get tangled up.

Back