• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Bomb 1 Capacitor Availiability

KarenE

Oakley Beginner
Hi

I have a Time Bomb 1, which has started to lose time, indicating that the capacitor is on the way out. :sad:

I have been in touch with Oakley in the UK and they have told me that as it is a discontinued model they do not have any more capacitors available. :help:

I was therefore wondering if anyone in the US would be able to check with Oakley in the US to see if they have any available there. If so, then I would arrange to send the watch over for repair.

Any help would be gratefully received. :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Cheers.

Karen

If Oakley US can't help... the capacitor is really just a rechargeable battery. So if you could get the numbers off the battery that is in it, you can buy one from Amazon. I just replaced one in a Seiko watch for about $20.

Thanks for the feedback jcesl2 - this was most useful.

I also found an article online which basically said the same.

The watch is currently at the repair shop so I should find out soon if it has worked or not.

Hi Tunney Prime

I found the following article on the Internet about it.

Time Loupe: Oakley Time Bomb OK100YC

I ordered the battery from the Small Battery Company and took it long to In-Time with the watch.

The guy mentioned that normally they would have to send it off to their Head Office for repair, which would cost £160. After a bit of a discussion the guy eventually agreed to do it in-house.

I collected the watch the next day, paid him £40 and the watch has been working perfectly since. I also got an 18 month guarantee on the repair.

I hope your TimeBomb doesn't need this one soon, but its nice to know that there is a cheap fix out there for it, which does work.

Cheers.

Karen

Back