1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Baa

Baa Oakley Beginner

I own a time bomb finished in Black Ion, which does not have a serial number. Is this a fake/replica?

The watch is complete with two stage deployment on the clasp, it was supplied in a black Oakley watch box, not a vault. The watch box was inside an Oakley packaging box.

I have searched the net and not been able to find a site selling V1 replicas, but after reading the below thread, I am a little concerned!

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-watches-discussion/1556-fake-oakley-watches-2.html

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

where did you get your watch? IMO the thread is the best reference you could read for fake oakley watches....

3. Baa

Baa Oakley Beginner

Hi,

I brought the watch from eBay in the US about 4 years ago. I will get a couple of photos of the watch and case posted later. To see what the general consensus is.

4. Baa

Baa Oakley Beginner

Here are the photos.

Time Bomb - Fake? - IMG_3938.jpg
    Time Bomb - Fake? - IMG_3942.jpg
    Time Bomb - Fake? - IMG_3945.jpg
    Time Bomb - Fake? - IMG_3901.jpg
    Time Bomb - Fake? - IMG_3902.jpg

5. Oakley Noob

Oakley Noob Oakley Beginner

Take it to an Oakley store someone should be able to verify authenticity. I think it is legit but I am not an expert on watches. It is a nice watch btw.

6. Baa

Baa Oakley Beginner

The only thing that is out of place, that I can see, is the lack of serial number on the inner band.

I am hoping that its either a pre-production model, or a working display watch that was never serialised.

7. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

My TB also came with a black box like that but mine has a serial number.

8. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

The TB Ion Plated Stainless - Black 10-003 in these pictures is 100% genuine, so that is good news. The original did have a serial number and was issued in a metal vault which came within a black card box with a TB pic on it, I purchased one in Feb 2000 which has been my daily wrist companion since. Later, the watch was released in the boxes pictured here but renamed 'Stealth Black' whilst retaining the same sku, examples of this had no serial, I bought two of these, one for Gail and another to have as a display piece to keep in mint whilst my original takes all the flak. Personally, I think this is the most beautiful watch I have ever seen in my life.

"Trump" likes this.
  9. Baa

Baa Oakley Beginner

Thanks for that, you have put my mind at ease :)

I agree the Time Bomb in Ion finish is stunning, it attracts a lot of comments when worn. Most people seem shocked that it is made by Oakley!

10. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Sweet looking watch