• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Bomb - Fake?

Baa

Oakley Beginner
UK
I own a time bomb finished in Black Ion, which does not have a serial number. Is this a fake/replica?

The watch is complete with two stage deployment on the clasp, it was supplied in a black Oakley watch box, not a vault. The watch box was inside an Oakley packaging box.

I have searched the net and not been able to find a site selling V1 replicas, but after reading the below thread, I am a little concerned!

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-watches-discussion/1556-fake-oakley-watches-2.html

Hi,

I brought the watch from eBay in the US about 4 years ago. I will get a couple of photos of the watch and case posted later. To see what the general consensus is.

Here are the photos.

IMG_3938.jpg

IMG_3942.jpg

IMG_3945.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

IMG_3902.jpg

The only thing that is out of place, that I can see, is the lack of serial number on the inner band.

I am hoping that its either a pre-production model, or a working display watch that was never serialised.

The TB Ion Plated Stainless - Black 10-003 in these pictures is 100% genuine, so that is good news. The original did have a serial number and was issued in a metal vault which came within a black card box with a TB pic on it, I purchased one in Feb 2000 which has been my daily wrist companion since. Later, the watch was released in the boxes pictured here but renamed 'Stealth Black' whilst retaining the same sku, examples of this had no serial, I bought two of these, one for Gail and another to have as a display piece to keep in mint whilst my original takes all the flak. Personally, I think this is the most beautiful watch I have ever seen in my life.

The TB Ion Plated Stainless - Black 10-003 in these pictures is 100% genuine, so that is good news. The original did have a serial number and was issued in a metal vault which came within a black card box with a TB pic on it, I purchased one in Feb 2000 which has been my daily wrist companion since. Later, the watch was released in the boxes pictured here but renamed 'Stealth Black' whilst retaining the same sku, examples of this had no serial, I bought two of these, one for Gail and another to have as a display piece to keep in mint whilst my original takes all the flak. Personally, I think this is the most beautiful watch I have ever seen in my life.

Thanks for that, you have put my mind at ease :)

I agree the Time Bomb in Ion finish is stunning, it attracts a lot of comments when worn. Most people seem shocked that it is made by Oakley!

Back