• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Bomb Movement Type?

RonkPM

Oakley Expert
Choctaw, OK
I sent my Time Bomb in for replacement of the capacitor and Oakley said they couldn't fix it. Said the capacitor wasn't the problem. I had opened up the back of it before I sent it in and everything looked pristine. When I got it back, one of the charging coils was damaged. Like someone had dragged a screwdriver across it hard and tore the winding. Of course I have no pictures of the inside before I sent it in so I don't think I have a leg to stand on.

With that being said, I think the movement is a Seiko 5M42. The only difference I can see is that the date window is in the 6 o'clock spot on the TB and at the 3 o'clock spot on the standard 5M42. One of my local watch repair guys thinks it is as well and thinks that the date wheel can be swapped over to put the date numbers in line with the different window position. Can anyone confirm this info before we start ordering and swapping things to make this watch work again?

Back