1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Gb84

Gb84 Oakley Beginner

Hi there,
    I'm new to this forum and I'm looking at buying a time bomb but apparently the plastic parts from the back of the watch are missing. Does anyone know where I can get spares from as a lot of places are saying oakley no longer have any. Also I may require a new crystal if anyone knows the location of one.

Cheers in advance
    Graeme

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. FearGearGarage

FearGearGarage Oakley Collector

None of either available through Oakley, best bet is to keep asking around and check the Bay frequently....

3. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Yea those are usuLly the parts to fail in the TB. Good luck and share the source if you find it

4. marshmallow21

marshmallow21 Oakley Beginner

I replaced my timebomb rubber pads with no problem at the service centre in Australia.

Replacement of pads $10 AUD each.
    Replacement of crystal $90 AUD.

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Thats GREAT to know!

thanks Marshmallow!!

6. marshmallow21

marshmallow21 Oakley Beginner

I'll give you the contact details of the person.
    You will need to send the watch in though.

sharon brady
    senior warranty consultant

OAKLEY SOUTH PACIFIC
    24 The Esplanade St Kilda VIC 3182 AUSTRALIA
    Direct: (+613) 8598 3169 | Fax: (+613) 8598 3181

7. Gb84

Gb84 Oakley Beginner

The watch has turned up now and is in better shape than I thought it was going to be in. I'm going to replace the plastic parts with foam but I was wondering how to remove the bracelet so I can give it a good clean and get to the movement to change the capacitor and polish the crystal. Will a normal watch strap pin vice thing work? Will try and post some before and after pics of repair and clean up if people are interested?

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

pins are the push through kind, pretty standard but note they only go in and out in one direction (on the band there are arrow markings on the inside to show which hole it comes out of).

capacitor change- remove back panel. unscrew o-engine (one main screw), and remove the autowinder assembly.

after that, remove the 2 screws holding the capacitor down. careful as they are under tension and can spring off.

reverse to assemble.

pictures would be awesome