• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Bomb

jrd5497

Oakley Expert
TN
I recently purchased one of the original Oakley Time Bombs. This is the first automatic watch that I have owned. What, if anything, do you use to kep the watch "wound" while you are not wearing it?

One thing I would recommend, If it has an older/original capacitor send it in for a new one. There is a newer version and it costs $20. Mine has lasted over 2 weeks sitting on the shelf.

One thing I would recommend, If it has an older/original capacitor send it in for a new one. There is a newer version and it costs $20. Mine has lasted over 2 weeks sitting on the shelf.

Cool, if didnt know it would last that long. I do know I've gone 4-5 days and it never kicked into energy saving mode. I'm glad I got that capacitor done while I was there!

Hi guys, what capacitor are you talking about? Oakley says they do not have any parts for the original time bomb.
Who is replacing it for $20?

Hi guys, what capacitor are you talking about? Oakley says they do not have any parts for the original time bomb.
Who is replacing it for $20?

I had mine changed at Oakley HQ at the customer service counter a few months ago.

It does have the origional capacitor in it. Would the best bet just be to call customer service and ask about getting it changed?

The original Time Bomb uses Kinetic movement guys. Not the mechanical movement that you can call "automatic" like the Time Bomb 2.

Back