• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Bomb

i have a Timebomb never had a problem ever since keeps accurate time :) just make sure your wear it once in a while or just a simple shake :)

Still charged a capacitor
not quite true. the time bomb 1 is kinetic, means the rotor charges a capacitor( basically a rechargeable battery) and runs an electric quartz watch. the timebomb 2 is fully mechanical,- the rotor winds up a spring which powers the watch, all with no electronics. the latter is called "automatic" and the earlier is called "kinetic". automatic watches are what gives you the "sweeping second hand" effect that is so desireable in high end watches.

anyway wrt OP's post, just have it in your wear rotation every other day should be enough to keep it going. otherwise that new replacement capacitor (the maxwell TC920S) is good for up to 6months without charging apparently.

i have 2 of these, one is my daily..
utara8a8.jpg

damn. well at least they still have the rubber components.. i see alot of those break off

I think the guy felt bad he couldn't help me. Gave 'em for free. He also told me if I could get another off ebay there was a chance they'd be able to transplant the crystals, but I doubt it's worth it for me to find a broken one on a maybe. I think I'm gonna try going to a jeweler or watch repair and seeing if they can do something.

Back