• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Bomb

awesome! look at that shine, its clean enough to use as a daily wearer. with the glass, the key is being even. since it is already quite damaged, you can risk going for wet-dry sandpaper, then finish with glass polish (takes alot of time.) the key is use the sandpaper to make the surface even first( remove big scratches) then polish back.

Cheers buddy, I think I'll definitely give it a go - nothing to lose! It does look so much better now its polished and I have been wearing it daily which is awesome and it keeps great time. I'll probably stick hold of it now I've gone this far with it. :)

Has anyone tried to take the worst of the scratches on their Tim bomb crystal out with valve grinding paste? I tried some cheap diamond paste and it was rubbish.

Thanks Mark I will look into that. I thought I'd try and do most of the work myself now I've started it and the more i thought about it could'nt let Oakley simply throw it away. Cheers!

Did you ever get this finished?
As yet I haven't attempted the glass but the case is quite well polished up. The watch keeps very good time and gets plenty of use which is great. It's still on my to do list!

As yet I haven't attempted the glass but the case is quite well polished up. The watch keeps very good time and gets plenty of use which is great. It's still on my to do list!

and to think you nearly sold it to me!!

Back