• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Tank Date not setting.

Oakley UK

Oakley Enthusiast
England
I bought a nice Time Tank off the Bay but when I received it today (20th) I noticed the date was the 15th and the 5 was partially in the window. So I go to reset it, winder was well screwed in but I was careful as this is not my first Oakley watch. The date moved forward but not with the precision of a Cartier but nonetheless it wound forward, I carried on and of course forgot to set it to yesterday so had to keep going, got to the 28th and it stopped, 8 partially in the window and that was that. I Can feel it clicking in the winder with each rotation but no date move. Everything else is good, time, Crono reset etc. No problem with seller who is trustworthy - get refund or money off for repair. So my question, in order to help with the decision, is where does the fault lie- is it in the body of the watch in which case would probably be cheaper to swap the mech out, or is it in the winder spindle (sheared) in which case different kettle of fish as they don't grow on trees, keeping in mind I am in the UK. Any help would be appreciated.

Guessing it's probably the mechanism that catches the date wheel and moves the date wheel to the next position if it's doing it everyday. For the quick change function there's a little barrel around the crown that does it but when it runs normally there's another part that does the date if I remember correctly. It's been awhile since I took one apart and messed around with it.

Guessing it's probably the mechanism that catches the date wheel and moves the date wheel to the next position if it's doing it everyday. For the quick change function there's a little barrel around the crown that does it but when it runs normally there's another part that does the date if I remember correctly. It's been awhile since I took one apart and messed around with it.
Hi matey thank you for your prompt reply, yep both automatic date change and manual date change not working just stuck on 28 but can feel it clicking when I turn it. So would you guess the cheaper option would be just to change the whole movement out , hopefully the crown and stem (winder) are ok, something is turning in there. I will take into my local Watchmakers on Monday I am sure they will be able to give me the low down when they stop laughing no doubt !

If you are as I suspect, UK based get in touch with:

Taunton Watch Services

Taunton Watch Services Ltd - Watch Repair - Taunton, Somerset

Through the contact page outline your issue & they will get back to you. They are Super efficient & their work is reasonable.

I had an issue recently with an MM I had recently bought & they sorted it.

👍
Hi thank you for your kind reply but a bit far away from me and reluctant to post as it may (with great sadness !) be being returned to the seller if the cost of repair proves too great. I am lucky to have two good options down here in Worthing who appear very knowledgeable and from the feedback very reasonable but we will see and I will keep the forum updated on what was wrong and what was needed to fix it. Of course, as ever I am not surprised with Oakley, fur coat, and no kn..kers comes to mind but boy the outsides do look good !

Ok so updating as promised, the repairers said the front plate had become detached (presumably the front of the mech , best solution was mech swap - £165 for silver, £185 for gold and that is all in keeping the black date band with one years warranty.

Back