• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time to play a game of "What's in the box?"

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
header_witb.jpg
I'm writing this live. I'd do a video, but... no.
I've been expecting a frame from Oakley for a few months. I sent them a Radarlock XL frame that I had broken in a moment of stupidity. They offered me a replacement for a nominal fee.

So why the mystery? A few reasons.
  1. This is attempt #3. The first time I requested an in-stock frame color, they told me it would ship. A few weeks later I called and was told "no, that's out of stock".
  2. After the call above to see where my frame was and told it was out of stock, I selected a different color and had a prompt shipment. At least they gave me free shipping for the "out of stock" error. What I got in the mail was a Radar XL frame. Not RadarLOCK XL.
  3. After I received the Radar frame I called and spoke with two people to clarify the issue. They apologized, sent me a label to return the Radar. All options for the Lock XL were out of stock, so I selected a polished black.
  4. Another month passes, I'm curious as to what the status might be, so I give them a ring. Nope, no stock yet. So I ask if they have ANY Radarlock XL frames in stock. Yeah, white or orange. Ok, I'll take an orange. Ok, it will ship out, should be a day or two! I messaged Dr Chop about getting the orange frames painted, so I know the date. It was another two weeks before the shipment went out.
So now I have the box! Well, you might say that it's clearly a pair of blood orange Radarlock XL frames, right?

Well, this box is much heavier than most of the familiar Oakley boxes I've received. You know the ones, little rectangular brown parcels that contain pure joy, held tight with tape adorned by helpful warnings, warnings that alert the recipient that a broken seal surely means a broken heart.

I've received a few of those boxes. This one is too heavy for what it should contain. Too heavy, and slightly bulged.

Curious.

97F923F7-A350-4CA8-962D-0BEC246941D4_zpsk3csdkur.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like there is a case in there that is slightly too big for the box....but too heavy? Hmmmmm.

Back