• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time to stop collecting Oakleys?

SMman

I should Work at Oakley
Maybe I am alone, but I think I am ready to stop collecting Oakleys. I might have this addiction beat! I have been getting the run around a lot lately with Oakley Canada on orders (mostly gifts for others), getting tired of dealing with people selling the used Oakleys I am after (x-metals and wires), etc. I want to point out that I don't mean buying used Oakleys from this site because people are normal on here (mostly ;)). I feel that shopping for the Oakleys I want is time consuming and often a complete waste because of moronic sellers. I think I am just frustrated by a lot of terrible sellers I have dealt with lately because there have been some great ones in the past. I am happy with the Oakleys I have now and the only one I feel that I need to add at some point is a Mars. After talking and dealing with Oakley employees, I am almost embarrassed to own so many of their products. Walking into the local Sunglass Hut and seeing the prices on all the plastic Oakleys makes me wonder how they get away with selling for such high prices. The brand has taken a big step backwards in my eyes. I think this is step one of me quitting my addiction to Oakley. Thanks for reading my rant. I will still stick around, but I am closing my wallet so don't tempt me to buy anything, except maybe that elusive Mars :grin:

Maybe I am alone, but I think I am ready to stop collecting Oakleys. I might have this addiction beat! I have been getting the run around a lot lately with Oakley Canada on orders (mostly gifts for others), getting tired of dealing with people selling the used Oakleys I am after (x-metals and wires), etc. I want to point out that I don't mean buying used Oakleys from this site because people are normal on here (mostly ;)). I feel that shopping for the Oakleys I want is time consuming and often a complete waste because of moronic sellers. I think I am just frustrated by a lot of terrible sellers I have dealt with lately because there have been some great ones in the past. I am happy with the Oakleys I have now and the only one I feel that I need to add at some point is a Mars. After talking and dealing with Oakley employees, I am almost embarrassed to own so many of their products. Walking into the local Sunglass Hut and seeing the prices on all the plastic Oakleys makes me wonder how they get away with selling for such high prices. The brand has taken a big step backwards in my eyes. I think this is step one of me quitting my addiction to Oakley. Thanks for reading my rant. I will still stick around, but I am closing my wallet so don't tempt me to buy anything, except maybe that elusive Mars :grin:
Damn. And here I though I was ready to give away some stuff to you . You've changed my mind. I'll just keep it. :p

But you're right. I used to always have what I was buying next in my mind. Now I have to figure out what I may buy

I heard you have way too many of a particular frame so I might allow it if you want to part with just one Frank. I will try to hide my embarrassment with owning another pair of Oakleys. :oops::D

This is Oakley. It is what it is. I deal with it because I'm not yet at your point, but maybe one day. Hope you stick around though.

I have an empty mega tower sitting out in my building that I am pretending to not know about. My kids are going to give it to me for Christmas. My wife and I picked it up last month. I knew the kids would enjoy giving it to me. I am just not sure if I have the passion for Oakley to spend the money to fill it. I am not going anywhere and plan to stick around the forum. I am just bummed lately with Oakley's customer service and seeing what the brand has turned into. Time for a glass of red wine to improve my mood and take care of this old cranky heart. :rolleyes:

Maybe all I need is for someone to send me a grail. I'm not picky either; Mars, Romeo, OTT, or any of those frames some members hoard on here. ;)

Last edited:
I have an empty mega tower sitting out in my building that I am pretending to not know about. My kids are going to give it to me for Christmas. My wife and I picked it up last month. I knew the kids would enjoy giving it to me. I am just not sure if I have the passion for Oakley to spend the money to fill it. I am not going anywhere and plan to stick around the forum. I am just bummed lately with Oakley's customer service and seeing what the brand has turned into. Time for a glass of red wine to improve my mood and take care of this old cranky heart. :rolleyes:

Maybe all I need is for someone to send me a grail. I'm not picky either; Mars, Romeo, OTT, or any of those frames some members hoard on here. ;)
Hey now, the begging for reserved for leQ.

IMG_0292.JPG

Got you covered on the wine. ;)

Latest Posts

Back