• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Timebomb II Question

vballGuy

Oakley Beginner
Hello Oakley Watch Enthusiasts,

I've been collecting Oakley watches for years (have a Detonator, Time Bomb and Minute Machine), and I'm looking at picking up a Time Bomb II because it looks so so sweet.

Question for all you Time Bomb II owners: How long does it take to "charge" the watch before it is wearable? The only issue with my original Time Bomb is that if I don't wear it for a few weeks, it takes quite a lot of attention to get charged and running. I'm assuming this is because of the Seiko Kinetic movement....just wondering what the difference is with Time Bomb II's automatic (ETA) mechanism? Does it charge quicker/faster when compared to the original Time Bomb? Since I won't be wearing this watch every day, I would like to be able to put it on and have it useable pretty much when I please.

Thanks in advance.

just a few shake and you're all set buddy. The only thing I don't like about it is that, the band scratches so easily but its a nice piece of watch though.

Thanks guys. Definitely looking forward to picking one up.

Follow-up question: If purchasing off of a previous owner, I will have to get the band re-sized. I've heard that this involves cutting the unobtanium strap to fit.....where do I get this done? I'd imagine not all Oakley stores have the capabilities to do this.

I'm gonna let you know right now.

IF you have to have that watch resized to be BIGGER......DO NOT buy that watch as it will cost you extreme headaches as there is almost NO WAY to get a new rubber strap.

With that said....

IF your wrist is SMALLER than the previous owner and you are going to have the watch sized smaller to fit you then buy away. But keep in mind once the rubber portion of the strap is cut to size there is no going back.

I'm gonna let you know right now.

IF you have to have that watch resized to be BIGGER......DO NOT buy that watch as it will cost you extreme headaches as there is almost NO WAY to get a new rubber strap.

With that said....

IF your wrist is SMALLER than the previous owner and you are going to have the watch sized smaller to fit you then buy away. But keep in mind once the rubber portion of the strap is cut to size there is no going back.
I can make it bigger if you have the cut off rubber.

Thanks guys. Definitely looking forward to picking one up.

Follow-up question: If purchasing off of a previous owner, I will have to get the band re-sized. I've heard that this involves cutting the unobtanium strap to fit.....where do I get this done? I'd imagine not all Oakley stores have the capabilities to do this.

you can do it yourself with scissors.

Back