• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Timebomb Repair

jason800xpr

Oakley Beginner
hey guys just bought a stealth black time bomb for 99 bucks on ebay tonight but the problem is he says it doesnt work anymore so my question is anybody know if oakley will repair it still and if they do how much or should i just keep it in the display case just for show?????? thanks!!!! oh and also bought a stealth black gmt off the guy for 150 too!!!!!!!!!

Read somewhere about someone swapping in a Seiko automatic chrono into the original TB.
Personally, I like the TB pretty much for styling and design alone.
TB II, I'm still testing it out, but obviously much better than the original TB in terms of starting upand keeping a charge.
Try oakley watch warranty dept and see if they still do repairs.
Chances are, they'd offer you 50% off some new watch.
I'd keep it as is, if only for the shell itself, a steal at $150, really.

i hope they can fix it i prefer my timebomb 1 over my 10th ann timebomb and that was always the colorway i wanted in tb except for a emrald but will never find one of those but if they cant fix it oh well will just be a display piece then ans i only paid 99 for the timebomb 150 for the gmt so i am pretty happy with two stealth oakley watches for 250!!!!!

I think the TB II is way more comfortable, what with the fragmented design of the band layered with UnObtanium rubber.
My mint in box set of the stealth TB cost be $400 when I got it a couple of years back.
So, at a quarter of that, you shouldn't be complaining much.
Not to forget the original retail of, what, $1200? $1500?
You should be on Pirates of the Carribbean. :)

oh im definatly not complaining at all!!!!! i just hope i can get it fixed and anybody that has any timebomb1 that they want to sell get ahold of me im going to try to get every single one well i take that back doubt my wife will let me get the gold timebomb!!!!!!

Last January I sent my original (10 year old) TB1 into Oakley to be serviced - for $30 (o-engine was not charging for longer than 4 hours). They fixed the capacitor and returned to to me. Unfortunately the watch totally died in August. This time when I sent it to them they said that the part the need they no longer have. So they gave me a credit for $350 off of another watch (I assumed it had to be a watch) - so I picked up a TBII. So long story short... I think that Oakley being able to help you depends on what is actually wrong with it. Good Luck.

thanks talismanx doesnt look good for getting it fixed already have tb 2 maybe i will use it as a excuse to get the livestrong tb also wondering did they give your tb back when you bought the 2??????

Unfortunately they did not. I even asked. I still have a stealth tb1 (the one that broke was a Ti with carbon face). I even asked it if i could sacrifice the stealth for parts but the part that was bad was attached to the face so i would have lost the carbon face. I figured the stealth is in really good shape (since I picked it up only about 3-4 years ago at an Oakley vault) so why destroy it.

i will post pics of both of them when i get them in the mail just bought them on ebay tuesdy night so should be here sat or next monday guy sold prob 8 watches tuesday night. from his description he worked on scotty cannon and gary scelzis funny cars. he still has some oakley stuff on including a gascan that was only givin to the crew by jannard after scelzi won the 05 championship it says in the ad only 50 were made!!!!! i dont no much about gascans so i didnt buy them. but anyway when i get the two watches i will post some pics of them with my other watches really excited over the stealth gmt been a fav of mine for years and now i finally own one!!!!

Back