• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tincan reviews

I would go ebay. If your worried about buying a counterfeit, I've never seen a counterfeit tincan. I think with the carbon fiber and aluminum frame it's just too much work to counterfeit, and the profit margin wouldn't be there. You only have to worry about someone mis-describing then saying they're new when they're not.

I noticed swininc selling a pair. He's a very well known reseller of oakleys on ebay. But, it doesn't come with papers/box/hardcase.

I would pull the trigger on these:
$119 BIN + SHIPPING -
Oakley Super Sharp Tincan Carbon glasses with Polarized red iridium lenses

Last edited:
I would go ebay. If your worried about buying a counterfeit, I've never seen a counterfeit tincan. I think with the carbon fiber and aluminum frame it's just too much work to counterfeit, and the profit margin wouldn't be there. You only have to worry about someone mis-describing then saying they're new when they're not.

I noticed swininc selling a pair. He's a very well known reseller of oakleys on ebay. But, it doesn't come with papers/box/hardcase.

I would pull the trigger on these:
$119 BIN + SHIPPING -
Oakley Super Sharp Tincan Carbon glasses with Polarized red iridium lenses

You have a good point. There's one on ebay I'm eyeing on. It's new and factory sealed with all the extras. I wonder when he means sealed that sticker tag need to be peeled to slide open the box.

Love mine. Comfortable, durable, and not crazy expensive. Bought mine from a forum member.

image.jpeg

Love my Tincans. I think I'm up to 9 pairs. I tend to wear the standard metal during the week and carbons on the weekends.
One thing that worries me is that I can not find any authentic lenses or ear socks.

Love my Tincans. I think I'm up to 9 pairs. I tend to wear the standard metal during the week and carbons on the weekends.
One thing that worries me is that I can not find any authentic lenses or ear socks.

Great point, I have only rarely seen replacement lenses on eBay, virtually no selection.
I have never seen replacement lenses on Oakley.com
that could be problematic over the long run....

Back