• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tinfoil Replaceable Lenses?

dms5223

Oakley Beginner
Hello,

I'm really interested in the new Tinfoil sunglasses. Unfortunately, I can't get the combination I want (frame/lens tint) in polarized; so I may just go unpolarized for now.

My main question though is whether I could replace the lenses to put in polarized ones sometime in the future? Is it just because they are so new that Oakley doesn't offer replacement lenses or do the Tincan/Tinfoil just have unreplaceable lenses?

Thanks!

They can be changed. I just don't think Oakley is selling replacement lens kits yet. But, for all intensive purposes, you could buy 2 pairs and swap the lenses if you wanted to.

Ok great, glad to hear they can be swapped.

Yeah, I'm just not at liberty to drop an extra 200 for the combo I want haha...

Several of the pairs that were released this spring/summer don't have separate replacement lenses available for purchase from Oakley yet. Kind of surprising they'd release the glasses without making lenses available as well.

I've been looking at a pair of Oakley Tinfoil and I can't decide whether I want the Black Iridium Polarized or the Prizm Daily Polarized. I work outside all day and I'm not finding much information on the Prizm lense.

I've been looking at a pair of Oakley Tinfoil and I can't decide whether I want the Black Iridium Polarized or the Prizm Daily Polarized. I work outside all day and I'm not finding much information on the Prizm lense.
I believe the daily prism is 14% light transmission where as the BIP is 9% so the BIP would be better for bright sun

I believe the daily prism is 14% light transmission where as the BIP is 9% so the BIP would be better for bright sun
Wow! thanks for the quick response. I don't own anything yet with Prizm lenses. I would like to try them out at some point and wanted a pair that were great for bright sun. I'm new to collecting Oakley's and all I have now are a couple pairs of Flak Jacket and 1 pair having xlj gold iridium polarized, which I love

Wow! thanks for the quick response. I don't own anything yet with Prizm lenses. I would like to try them out at some point and wanted a pair that were great for bright sun. I'm new to collecting Oakley's and all I have now are a couple pairs of Flak Jacket and 1 pair having xlj gold iridium polarized, which I love
Black iridium polarised has the same light transmission as your gold, daily prizm is a touch higher. 14% is still plenty low enough for bright sun though and more accommodating of the hazier days than BIP.

Thanks so much! I think it would be worth trying the Prizm, but I'm sure I'll end up getting the other too. You can never have enough.

Thanks so much! I think it would be worth trying the Prizm, but I'm sure I'll end up getting the other too. You can never have enough.
Totally agree. I have over 30 different (albeit some are polarised and non-polarised versions) lenses mounted and ready to go in Juliets :)

Back