• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tintin 3D Gascan/Gravity Movie Review ***NO SPOILERS***

A member called Reese Aust on my post in a forum thread about replacing lenses. I'm very much about to order some lenses for my 3D glasses and paused for thought after he made that post. I did doubt him, that's why I posted here. So I can put any GASCAN lens at all in the GASCAN 3D? Is there a difference in thickness? Or is it a perfect fit?

So it's not recommended as the 3D lens is the weakest component? I believe you can get the 3D lens now on eBay too so there's always the option of a back up. I'm not sure if the ones on eBay are official but either way it also opens up the door to making any set of GASCANs a viable pair of 3D glasses :p

So it's not recommended as the 3D lens is the weakest component? I believe you can get the 3D lens now on eBay too so there's always the option of a back up. I'm not sure if the ones on eBay are official but either way it also opens up the door to making any set of GASCANs a viable pair of 3D glasses :p
If you want to mod a 3d frame and add a coloured lens to make it a 'regular' Gascan... That's all good! I wouldn't go switching back and forth and I wouldn't buy off brand 3d lenses ...

If you want Oakley like quality 3D lenses you can try the Rocket Fish brand (Best Buy) ...

Unless I've been misled, I think it's a matte black Twitch frame with Oakley 3D lenses in em... But not branded Oakley ...

The easiest way to make the 3D editions into sunglasses without removing the lenses is to buy another pair of gascans and switch the arms

The Game! You are a genius...

So to continue this to its natural conclusion I suppose the two questions I have now are:

1) How do I colour match all the 3D Gascans?

I think the hobbit/Transformers/Tron will be The same Black?
I know the Tin Tin ones are root beer!
Not sure what White is used on the whites

2) Are the arms easy to swap, is there any issue with changing them over repetitively. It seems a better option than changing lenses a lot...

Hobbit & tron are polished black, transformers are matte. I never bothered with the tin tins but you can use polished rootbeer.

Swapping them often shouldn't be a problem but I've never gone back to the 3D lenses

Naturally you want 24k Iridium for the Hobbit!
And I suggest Ruby Iridium for the Transformers, since Decepticons are cooler ;)
Blue Iridium for the Trons
And.. yeah, the Tin Tin.. why did they make some for this movie?

Naturally you want 24k Iridium for the Hobbit!
And I suggest Ruby Iridium for the Transformers, since Decepticons are cooler ;)
Blue Iridium for the Trons
And.. yeah, the Tin Tin.. why did they make some for this movie?
It's not a bad choice... The movie was 100% MoCap and made for 3D... Peter Jackson ... TinTin was always around when I was a kid... It wasn't until I was 12-13 did I learn it also existed in English..

Back