• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tiny marks/spot on lenses

that looks like the hydrophobic coating peeling due to contact with hot liquids and/or strong chemicals like shampoo. You can't fix that.

I didn't used any hot liquid or strong chemical i just diluted dishwasher liquid into water and rub it on my finger. anyway my sunglasses is Polarized Badman.

Bro is that the sapphire lens? Did you leave it in extreme weather during that week? Maybe in the car under the sun.

Last edited:
@karimo, It it Tungsten Iridium Polarized Lens, No I just store it on my cabinet. I really dont know what happen or maybe the wet wipes I used before.

Looks like an ingress of cosmetic chemicals of some kind or other.

Oakley have a duty of care IMO to make a big point of how fragile the lenses are.. Just like they did in the old days decades ago. Everyone knew - it was even a Unique Selling point in the 80's early 90's...

Now nobody seems to get it.

These things are about as robust as a Rose Petal and always have been.

@karimo, It it Tungsten Iridium Polarized Lens, No I just store it on my cabinet. I really dont know what happen or maybe the wet wipes I used before.
Bro, from what I see the frame does not match the lenses, did you switch them? if not, maybe it is a fake pair and that's why it's getting those spots.

Bro I bought it on Oakley store so it is impossible to be fake.
Oakley Badman Polarized in PEWTER / TUNGSTEN IRIDIUM
I understand, but as you can see from the picture attached, the frames are diferent for each lens.
Do you have the box? can you please upload a picture of the label on it.

$_1.jpg
Screenshot_2015-05-01-21-05-34.png

No problem.
but the pictures you uploaded are the same as my 1st picture, I mean the frame, not the lenses.

Back