1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Arlo

Arlo Oakley Enthusiast

Sirs, I recently bought a Custom Job Tio2 Juliet.. As advertised, it's a custom frame with Original Ti Orbitals with X-metal earstems and coupler. We transacted indoors under warm colored lighting and nothing seems to be wrong but the next day I noticed under broad daylight the huge difference in color of the orbitals (Right: Plasma-ish, Left: Ti-Yellowish). I've raised my concern with seller and told me that it was just normal and eventually the other one will tarnish also. Could you guys help me out? I'm still having doubts if both orbitals are indeed Ti or a Plasma+Ti knockoff.

I apologize for the images as it may take sometime to load. I hope the images are clear enough for you guys to conclude what orbitals were used. TIA.

Tio2 Custom Job.. Ti Orbitals? - 6907637a-5b66-42b7-bad3-8eb1f061a89f.jpg Tio2 Custom Job.. Ti Orbitals? - 8b9afa09-510e-4cba-b30b-124cfdede9a1.jpg Tio2 Custom Job.. Ti Orbitals? - 18e6ca0e-7fea-4c89-95fa-c22967d37918.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. V2oak

V2oak Oakley Man from Manila

Kabayan there are 2 Gen of OEM Ti02, one has plasma orbitals which is shiny and while 1st gen ti02 has a matte finish orbitals.

3. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

there not mine,i would have not left the plasma orbitals 2 different colors without notifying the customer first.and the x-metal looks original too...again not mine

4. Arlo

Arlo Oakley Enthusiast

Yes, this isn't done by the x-man. I just wished he did 'cause the quality of his work is amazing. I bet I wouldn't have this problem if it were his.

5. Arlo

Arlo Oakley Enthusiast

The orbitals are more on the shiny finish to it. But what really bothers me is that one of the orbitals (right) has no tarnishing or whatsoever. If they came from the same frame, chances are they'll pretty much be identical. Any thoughts?

X-metal portions came from an X serial frame if we are to assume since the stem say so.

6. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Is there a serial on the left arm?

7. Arlo

Arlo Oakley Enthusiast

Yup, earstem has an X serial. Not JT, it's a custom chop chop?

8. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Duh.... I didn't notice the last part of your post. Nice

9. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

My first Ti02 had the same issue. Its not uncommon for this to happen. However The X Man took my frame and made it like new. To this date it still looks like new...

10. Arlo

Arlo Oakley Enthusiast

@xmetalmaniac
    So you're saying that the orbitals are probably legit and one of them just didn't tarnishing at all?

I'll probably have them fixed by the x-man if I happen to get back there in the US which won't happen in a while. Shipping them from overseas would be the next option but I guess it would be a bit to costly. *sigh*