• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tio2 Custom Job.. Ti Orbitals?

Arlo

Oakley Enthusiast
Sirs, I recently bought a Custom Job Tio2 Juliet.. As advertised, it's a custom frame with Original Ti Orbitals with X-metal earstems and coupler. We transacted indoors under warm colored lighting and nothing seems to be wrong but the next day I noticed under broad daylight the huge difference in color of the orbitals (Right: Plasma-ish, Left: Ti-Yellowish). I've raised my concern with seller and told me that it was just normal and eventually the other one will tarnish also. Could you guys help me out? I'm still having doubts if both orbitals are indeed Ti or a Plasma+Ti knockoff.

I apologize for the images as it may take sometime to load. I hope the images are clear enough for you guys to conclude what orbitals were used. TIA.

6907637a-5b66-42b7-bad3-8eb1f061a89f.jpg
8b9afa09-510e-4cba-b30b-124cfdede9a1.jpg
18e6ca0e-7fea-4c89-95fa-c22967d37918.jpg

Kabayan there are 2 Gen of OEM Ti02, one has plasma orbitals which is shiny and while 1st gen ti02 has a matte finish orbitals.

there not mine,i would have not left the plasma orbitals 2 different colors without notifying the customer first.and the x-metal looks original too...again not mine

The orbitals are more on the shiny finish to it. But what really bothers me is that one of the orbitals (right) has no tarnishing or whatsoever. If they came from the same frame, chances are they'll pretty much be identical. Any thoughts?

X-metal portions came from an X serial frame if we are to assume since the stem say so.

My first Ti02 had the same issue. Its not uncommon for this to happen. However The X Man took my frame and made it like new. To this date it still looks like new...

@xmetalmaniac
So you're saying that the orbitals are probably legit and one of them just didn't tarnishing at all?

I'll probably have them fixed by the x-man if I happen to get back there in the US which won't happen in a while. Shipping them from overseas would be the next option but I guess it would be a bit to costly. *sigh*

Back