• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tio2 Juliet Plasma Finish

zhong

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi Guys

am suddenly very curious over the various plasma finished over the years. i acquired a tio2 (s/n JT008186) from a friend some time back and am just curious which gen the plasma finish on the orbitals belong to?

I got my hands on a 8/10 JExxxxxxA frame recently and i really like the areas which were unmarked or unblemished. much prefer it to the shiny finish of later plasma (have an unserialed pair).

if my memory serves me correctly, JE was a little bit after P and JI right? does JExxxxxxA belong to the same gen as JIxxxxxxA and PxxxxxxA? JExxxxxx same as Pxxxxxx and JIxxxxxx?

anybody can help?

sorry for all the x's =) and thanks in advance!

The 'A' denominated generation 2, 'B' being 3rd, 'none' being 4th and 5th displaying a 'sku'.

Search, 'Kronin' and you'll find the complete answer.

Thanks for Chiming in. Yeah im quite clear on the gens. Maybe i wasnt clear enough with my question. What im curious is if gen2 je is e same frame finish as gen 2 ji, considering the plasma emerald came later than the fire and the ice. Ie. Maybe the frame for je gen1 is the frame for ji gen2. in other words, are the plasma serials universal or only for the specific combi.

Haha yeah I understand what you're asking, and it's a question I have as well - though the A, B, or lack of suffixes denote generations, not all generations are "created equal" as in not all colorways were released at the same time / starting point. Not just within the Juliet line but with all x-metals, as some "1st gen" new frame styles came out when Juliet was on 2nd or 3rd...

Since I wasn't paying attention while it was happening, I don't know. O-review has release dates for the SKUs but I don't trust it to have that degree of precision.

@BriP @Romeo Van Frogskinstein @Carrera1963 @MJLSr @AnybodyElseI'mForgettingRightNow, care to chime in?

Back