• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TiO2 X Metal Tune Up ... What Does Oakley Do?

Aprilia Man

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

Just got myself a pair of XX TiO2 X Metal/Titanium Frame. From the looks of it I probably need to send it to Oakley for cleaning and tune up. Loose nose bridge and stems.

I'm trying to get a hold of Oakley Canada, if not will contact Oakley USA.

My question now is What does Oakley replace when doing a tune up?

Do they take the glasses apart and clean each part accordingly?

Replace rubbers with new ones?

Sorry for the noob type question. My first time for a tune up.

Thanks

It depends on what your frame needs. Most of the time it's the nosebridge, new orbital gaskets and screws, new stem hinge washers and screws. Of you need ear socks nose pads and t shox that will be done too. Now I will caution you that we have seen them just send a new frame out depending on what they find. Some members have said they received a new frame with no serial. So make sure you keep track of your stuff

As for cleaning, they can't remove permanent frame s ratchets or such. But if it dirt I'm sure a quick cleaning will work. The hinge parts, orbital grooves, and nosebridge will be done there. I would call first and make sure you get an RMA for your item and make sure it can be done. A lot of stuff is getting g put aside due to the discontinuation of the metal line. Just make sure they will do it and you are on top of them.

Last time i walked into the lobby with all 4 of my X Metal XX's and they said they can only tune up the bridge and replace the screws. They are completely out of nose bombs. Juliet earsocks will fit. Juliet nose bombs will work if you're in a pinch... just need to stretch them a bit to fit.

Last time i walked into the lobby with all 4 of my X Metal XX's and they said they can only tune up the bridge and replace the screws. They are completely out of nose bombs. Juliet earsocks will fit. Juliet nose bombs will work if you're in a pinch... just need to stretch them a bit to fit.

Will they put Juliets on there? My XX needs to go in and I was going to keep my nose bombs and see if they'd put on Juliets for me since the smaller ones might work better anyway. The hinges, nosebridge, and earsocks all need a tune up.

I can't get a hold of anyone at Oakley Canada either - and Oakley USA won't take care of Canadians.

You have to tell them, rather than ask.

You: "Oh please, Oakley, will you fix my metals, eh?"
Oak: "No, you dirty Canuck!"
You: "Thank you, Oakley, but I feel that's rather unreasonable"
Oak: "No, call Oakley Canada"
You: "But sir, they seem to be out of the office, all I get is a polite message asking to please call back"
Oak: "Go eat yellow snow"

See, you won't get very far that way.

you have to tell them, rather than ask.

You: "oh please, oakley, will you fix my metals, eh?"
oak: "no, you dirty canuck!"
you: "thank you, oakley, but i feel that's rather unreasonable"
oak: "no, call oakley canada"
you: "but sir, they seem to be out of the office, all i get is a polite message asking to please call back"
oak: "go eat yellow snow"

see, you won't get very far that way.

hahahahahahahaha.

Will they put Juliets on there? My XX needs to go in and I was going to keep my nose bombs and see if they'd put on Juliets for me since the smaller ones might work better anyway. The hinges, nosebridge, and earsocks all need a tune up.

I dunno if they'll just put some on there. You might have to specifically ask or tell them you want juliet nose bombs. They may not even put new earsocks on them. As we've all discussed before, the knowledge of the rep is either great or crap. I would just send them in saying you know juliet pieces will work on your frames and that you would like the unobtanium from the juliets put on your XX.

I called Oakley USA on Monday of this week to send one of my x metal xx in for a nose bridge tune up and I was told they are not doing xx at all anymore. I asked the person if she could double check that they were unable to just tighten the nose bridge. She put me on hold and eventually transferred me to somebody else who then told me the same thing. I was offered a 25% eye wear discount. Hopefully you have more luck than I did.

Back