• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tips For Trading

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Planning on making a trade with another forum member. Any tips and advice for how to go about trading?

Some people reacted to this post.
deal with people with good feedback.

Make sure the terms are set clearly and agreed upon and you should have no issues. I've traded lots of stuff and have never had a bad experience.

The only tip really is that you have to feel comfy doing the deal otherwise it's not worth doing. It's a question of trust.

eBay?

This is what I would do if I was posting for the trade. Some might disagree but it's my trade and if they don't like it then they don't have to go thru with the deal.

I would treat the trade as payment. They send me the trade item and if it's as described then I send mine. Of course both parties should use some kind of tracking to ensure the item is delivered and I can be home when the item is delivered.

Username Hidden said:
This is what I would do if I was posting for the trade. Some might disagree but it's my trade and if they don't like it then they don't have to go thru with the deal.

I would treat the trade as payment. They send me the trade item and if it's as described then I send mine. Of course both parties should use some kind of tracking to ensure the item is delivered and I can be home when the item is delivered.

Through eBay?

Username Hidden said:
Through eBay?

No, thru the Exchange board here. There are a lot of really good people I've dealt with in the last four months. All of my sales, purchases and trades were outstanding and no problems. Like I said treat it as they are paying you but instead of money they are using their glasses. If they refuse then say thanks and walk. I don't use Paypal but instead send Postal Money Orders to buy stuff from others here so I am taking a very big risk since there is no recourse like Paypal.

Like Oakley_Sight said if everything feels comfortable then you might consider the deal. I've backed out of deals which didn't feel comfortable. Some sellers come off like used car salesmen and don't want to give you better pics or are real vague about what the thing looks like. I really hate it when someone wants to use cell phone pics and say they don't know how to post pics on the net. Maybe for something a few bucks or so but for a pair of glass, nope.

Trading Etiquette
by FearGearGarage

Guidelines that I personally trade by…
1. Quality and comprehensive pictures of each item should be exchanged…
2. Detailed description if the item is not New or Mint…
3. Have been a member of the community or FB Oakley community for a period of time…
4. Have friends in either community that I can refer to if shame need be bestowed upon you…
5. Agree to packing of the items properly and as to what type shipping will be used…
6. Person with lower feedback should ship first regardless of who is offering the trade…
7. Ship promptly and provide shipping information to other party promptly as well…
8. Acknowledge acceptance of the package from the other party…
9. Leave feedback if both parties agree to publicizing the trade…

• I know some people won’t agree with number 6 because they want to ship at the same time, but the person with the higher feedback is more trusted obviously because of the amount of transactions completed. I personally am not going to ship something to someone with “0” feedback until I receive and check the item, then I will post the trade item to them and immediately leave feedback in order to help them build reputation in the community.

Username Hidden said:
Trading Etiquette
by FearGearGarage

Guidelines that I personally trade by…
6. Person with lower feedback should ship first regardless of who is offering the trade…

• I know some people won’t agree with number 6 because they want to ship at the same time, but the person with the higher feedback is more trusted obviously because of the amount of transactions completed. I personally am not going to ship something to someone with “0” feedback until I receive and check the item, then I will post the trade item to them and immediately leave feedback in order to help them build reputation in the community.

Actually, in way your way sounds more reasonable but how you deal with someone who want's to buy your item saying hey I have a feedback score of 50 versus your 26 or my 8 saying I want you to ship your pair first since my feedback is higher. I think a trade is another way of payment and if you want to buy my stuff then pay first or find someone else willing to do it your way. Just my two cents.

I would ship first without hesitation because they have earned more trust than I have... I am not only going to have it favor me, highest rank earns the most trust...

Latest Posts

Back