1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. JesterC

JesterC Oakley Beginner

Hello all,
    I'm a noobie on Oakley X-Metals. I've known about this line since its beginning with Romeo and Juliet, but didn't know this line has evolved into various styles. I'm taking a renewed interest in X-Squared Ducati, but am not sure if it is safe to find a genuine one on eBay. Romeo is a reason I don't use eBay much cause I got burned long ago :mad: when Romeo first came out and I paid for one on eBay but never heard from the seller ever again. This was before there were any eBay buyer protections.
    Are there any telltail signs on spotting a fake X-Squared Ducati (like, if it doesn't have laser etched 'Ducati' logo, then it is definately a fake etc...)? Or, even more, has anyone come across any fake X-Squared and would like to share their insight on how to spot them before its too late?
    Thanks, and much appreciated for your advices.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

I don't think I've ever seen a fake remake of the X Squared. They should say DUCATI in the lower left lens anyways, so that's a nice sign. But like I said, I've never seen a fake X Squared before. I've seen loads of Juliet's and Romeo's, but yeah, no X Squared! Good luck with your hunt!

3. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

I scour ebay like a hawk and every single Ducati X Squared I've seen on ebay is authentic. They usually go from $240-300 but are all pretty legit from trusted sellers. I personally love the X Squared! Good luck getting one!

4. JesterC

JesterC Oakley Beginner

5. jiveSEVEN

If you need help identifying a fake I own a ducati XS so I can assist you if you're in doubt. I watch most of the ones on ebay as well and can tell you if they're legit or not.

6. JesterC

JesterC Oakley Beginner

Thanks jiveSEVEN for the offer, I will definately consult you when I do see one in doubt.
    Are those red rubber earjackets, and laser etched 'Ducati' the only differences between normal x-squared and ducati x-squared? Or are there more that I have missed?

7. jiveSEVEN

I believe red earsocks, red temple shocks, ducati etching, and the contents of the box are the things that differentiate the ducati xs and normal ones.

8. subysti2007

subysti2007 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

There are legit sellers on ebay that sell ducati xs...let us know if you need help...

9. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

@ Jester - Don't be afraid to ask questions here. There's a wealth of knowledge to be learned for all the members...I know, I've learned tons and still am learning the more I read and ask questions. Everyone here's been awesome! I have a pair of XS in Carbon w/ black iridium...LOVE THEM! Welcome to the boards and good luckon your hunt!

Oh, and don't forget...feel free to share any knowledge or experience you have also!!! Aloha!!!

10. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

I think as long as you see the DUCATI etching, you're good. I don't know if replica's make etched lenses, and if they do, it's probably not very good.