• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tips on installing aftermarket flex couplers

OEM is nice if you're going to sell them but if you're going to hang on to them for many years .....my stuff is king

OEM is nice if you're going to sell them but if you're going to hang on to them for many years .....my stuff is king

Having said what you suggested, can I file done the rubber instead? I can't seem to find my exacto.

File rubber....... I've never even heard of that before. Go to Walmart and find a correct sharp blade

Having said what you suggested, can I file done the rubber instead? I can't seem to find my exacto.

If you have a belt grinder you can, but if you are only removing a small amount a scalpel or exacto is much more precise on something like this.. Filing doesn't really work on rubber in my experience

If you have a belt grinder you can, but if you are only removing a small amount a scalpel or exacto is much more precise on something like this.. Filing doesn't really work on rubber in my experience

Thank you for your suggestions. I just purchased an Exacto branded knife from Amazon ($5 shipped).

Received the flex couplers today! To be honest, I was hesitant of doing this myself risking of breaking something due to my heavy hands. But after trimming the ends of the rubber and a perfect fit, it was so easy!

I took a video of the the installation and plan to share it would you guys soon. My X Squared even feels better than it was when it was new. I can't believe how soft and thin the oem rubbers were. Money well spent for this mod!

Props to Scienergy @ OXM parts for such a great product!

Last edited:
I use purell, but only on early generation stuff.oxm rubber needs to be modified no matter what frames there going into.

Not really, it seems to be about 50/50. Among interesting and surprising results was a Gen1 Juliet frame they fit perfect in to with no mods, also a Gen3 Juliet they went in to perfect. The frame before the Gen1, was another Gen1 and had 1mm of rubber sticking out the front that needed to be trimmed with an exacto. Results vary, just as frames built from 1999-2012 do. I built them to fit all years and models.

File rubber....... I've never even heard of that before. Go to Walmart and find a correct sharp blade

Pretty easy, get a hobby file set from Harbor Freight or other discount retailer, file down the rubber where you need it. Works great actually, more precise than the knife although if you need to take chunks off obviously the knife is a better choice. The hard rubber likes the file though.

Last edited:
Chris is a good dude......and I like his stuff.carry on and make more parts,be hitting you up soon for some more washers.

Back