1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xmetal40

xmetal40 Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Not that a Romeo comes up for sale often, I especially do not see many of these up for sale. Curious as to why?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

a lot of them probably got repurposed (customized) because of the terrible finish that just cannot be cleaned if they are neglected. or returned to oakley because of the discoloration + lens cracking. IMHO should be the rarest one because of the fact that in my experience, the plasma and xmetal finishes hold up better.

supersharp and xmetal40 like this.
  3. xmetal40

xmetal40 Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Did the finish wear out even if the frame was taken care of from day one?

4. dragonvoi

I am fortunate enough to own a pristine example that was literally tried on and shoved back in its box. from what I have seen, is that it is the same as the early plasma finish that is very porous and basically sucks stuff up. if taken care of properly from day one, there is still a good chance discoloration will happen under the unobtanium pieces since those are almost never cleaned properly or frequently enough..

5. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

I am fortunate enough to have a pristine example also, but I thought that the Plasma/Fire was more rare. Though if you are correct about your theory, I could see the Ti/Gold being more rare.

6. RoTors

RoTors Oakley Expert Premium Member

I have a few that are in good condition and recieved one that was severely neglected condition. I am considering getting a clear coat on the good ones to protect them from staining and discoloration, like the one below.

Titanium/Gold Romeo - image.jpg

These are the pics after I cleaned it up a bit. They were pretty disgusting when I recieved them. I sent it away to see if these can be saved. If not, these will be refinished.

7. dragonvoi

rare/vs popular. I think the plasma pair was more popular which in turn made it rarer as more of the masses bought and held on/lost/used/etc them.

supersharp likes this.
  8. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Good point. I think a lot of people like the fire lenses, or at least from what I've seen lately. So probably that probably helped to make it a more popular combo.