1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. HeavyChevy

HeavyChevy Oakley Beginner

Hi everyone. Just wondered if anyone has tried getting custom cut Titanium Iridium Polarized lenses for the 24K XX? Or can it even be done? If so do they look pretty good? Any pics? I assume that if they go well with the 24K X-Squared and Juliet that they should look good with the XX... maybe. I would like to have a polarized option and maybe a less "flashy" option for the 24K XX. If they didn't look great on the 24K XX I could also use them on my X-metal frame XX and I am sure that they would look okay.

Also, if it can be done what kind of donor lenses would I need to pick up?

Thanks in advance!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

3. HeavyChevy

Thanks for the info kronin323. Your input and expertise is appreciated.

4. xmetal40

xmetal40 Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

My advice is to use chrome or chrome polarized from big taco. I have a juliet titanium polarized lens; it's great. Chrome polarized is almost the same, and looks better, arguably.

5. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Aren't they a different base tint?

6. ajirbl

ajirbl Oakley Enthusiast

Yes they are. I know you're a fan of vr28 bip. For me, titanium iridium polar is the best. I'd put that **** in everything...if I could.

7. xmetal40

Yes, titanium is a bronze-based lens compared to chrome being a grey-based lens; both are dark plus they provide unique colors for about any frame.

8. HeavyChevy

Interesting options. My concern would be that the Chrome Iridium Polarized would have more of a silver-colored reflective iridium which may not match as well with the 24K XX gold frame compared to the Titanium Iridium Polarized having more of a bronze-colored reflective iridium which may match better to the gold. I am not sure about this though because I am not sure I have seen the Titanium Iridium Polarized lenses in person. I am thinking that the Chrome Iridium Polarized lenses could look pretty good in the X-metal frame XX. Thanks for your input guys.

9. xmetal40

There's a bronze big taco lens.