• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Titanium Juliet Question

MaukaRunner

Oakley Expert
Oahu, Hawaii
Does anyone have a titanium Juliet? I just got a beater pair and I think it has the titanium finish. There is no serial but there is a strange *012 on one of the arms. Has anyone seen this before?

here's mine. it has letter "T" serial number

-002-15.jpg

-001-23.jpg

Does anyone have a titanium Juliet? I just got a beater pair and I think it has the titanium finish. There is no serial but there is a strange *012 on one of the arms. Has anyone seen this before?

There was only one official Juliet release with a Titanium frame and this had a Gold lens, 04-111, which was serial T###### 1st gen, then the 2nd gen serial T######A which had more of a shine to it. My own pair is T000056 and has no other inscription on the frame. There was a post some time ago where a member had a pair of Juliets with asterisk inscriptions followed by numbers but do not recall if anyone came up with factual information about their meaning.

hey, i have both a gen 1 and 2 ti juliet. serials are in the usual spot, T 123456 and T123456 A respectively (made up numbers there)

anyway if you have that *012 digits on the top of the arm instead of at the serial spot, thats a prototype frame. if it is at the normal
serial location, thats a sample piece for distributors

hey, i have both a gen 1 and 2 ti juliet. serials are in the usual spot, T 123456 and T123456 A respectively (made up numbers there)

anyway if you have that *012 digits on the top of the arm instead of at the serial spot, thats a prototype frame. if it is at the normal
serial location, thats a sample piece for distributors

Yes, the *012 is on the top of the arm.

Here's a pic. Sorry for the quality, I snapped it on my way out the door to work.

IMG_0101.jpg

The pic is bad but can you guys tell what he finish is? Looks like raw titanium to me. Also the texture is real rough. My plan was to sand it down and polish but if it is a prototype, would it be more valuable if I just keep it the way it is?

When I got it it was in pretty sad shape. The Unobtanium on the stems were so hard I had to use a lot of effort and soap to get it off. The t-shocks were rootbeer but the nose and ear pieces were black. The nose bridge rubber was so bad that it was falling out when I was trying to wash it. Perfect project pair.

it looks like a really roughed up xmetal from that one picture. will wait for better shots to decide, but afaik most prototype frames were xmetal (first to be designed). talk to Philip Barber on facebook, he has *29 if i recall correctly. dont sand it down! it is very valuable as a collectors piece.

im sure HE would be interested in buying it :))

good find mate.

it looks like a really roughed up xmetal from that one picture. will wait for better shots to decide, but afaik most prototype frames were xmetal (first to be designed). talk to Philip Barber on facebook, he has *29 if i recall correctly. dont sand it down! it is very valuable as a collectors piece.

im sure HE would be interested in buying it :))

good find mate.

Thanks Brian. That is some valuable info and I really appreciate it. I don't like the look of the Juliet's on me and only bought it to play around with it so if it is valuable to someone else then maybe we could work something out. Thanks again!

Back